The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I am plugging away today, but Leicester is really excellent. From what I gather the maths department is good, (though I accept that Bath is supposed to be a maths powerhouse) but being a lazy arts student I really have no proper idea. Academically, Leics has very high standards across the board though, you will get a good degree.
Reply 21
just checked, not updated yet.

:frown:
Reply 22
...is it 100% true that unis have until 18th to decide?
magnum
...is it 100% true that unis have until 18th to decide?

no it's not

The reject by default date is in early September.

If you don't want to hang around and WANT them to reject you so you can get on with things then ring UCAS. Tell UCAS that your firm has told you you're rejected but it isn't showing on track. UCAS will then give your uni 24 hours to give a damn good reason for the delay and if your uni can't give one then UCAS will reject you on your unis behalf.
Reply 24
I phoned UCAS and the guy says that Uni hasn't got deadline to make decision whether to accept you or not!!!
He said if you don't wanna wait, you can ring them and ask them to release you by making your app unsuccessful.
Should I wait? Does it worth it? I needed BBB but i've got BCC at Royal Holloway
However my insurance has offered me unconditional already through track.
Reply 25
Thanks for the info guys....

Thing is i don't want to go to another university...
I looked at clearing and there is no other uni that appeals to me. but i would like to know if i've made it not so i know whether to force myself to choose a uni to go to :frown:
I just rang up my uni. they still haven't made a decision nd they are saying that i have to possibly wait till today afternoon. this is very unfair. I can't even go through clearing.
Reply 27
i have the same problem, i just rang up my firm and hey said i'd get my reply later 2day. i wooried that they won't accept me.
Reply 28
trishasneaha
I just rang up my uni. they still haven't made a decision nd they are saying that i have to possibly wait till today afternoon. this is very unfair. I can't even go through clearing.

Why can't you go through clearing? Fair enough you can't complete clearing now, but you can start ringing universities, and asking if they will accept you..
My firm was unsuccessfull, so my insurance changed to conditional firm, I've got what I need for my insurance so I rang them yesterday asking whether I'd been accepted because it still says conditional on UCAS track, and they said I had. However, UCAS track still hasn't changed, it still says conditional firm, but the uni told me I had a place, should I ring them again or is UCAS just taking ages to update?
Reply 30
it might just be your uni not updating UCAS at the minute. SOunds like you've been accepted. Just wait a few days for the letters to arrive.
i think its ucas who is taking time to update.
trishasneaha
i think its ucas who is taking time to update.

It ISN'T UCAS - they show updates sent by unis almost instantaneously.

If something isn't showing on Track then it's because your uni hasn't told UCAS yet.
Reply 33
just phoned uni, they said i'll know on Monday

:/

nooooooooooooo
My letter from Leicester today said that I need to return my Clearing Passport immediately "as they only have a limited number of places... If we receive your Clearing Passport after all course vacancies have filled we will return it to you straight away"

I explained I didn't have one yet and they said they would hold my place until September. Should I ring and check this is still the case?
Ring, ask them to confirm it, ask the person you speak to for their full name and WRITE IT DOWN, ask them to confirm that the place will be held in writing (either a letter or an email) some time today.

(that way if it is bull**** then they're unlikely to want to lie in writing and at least you'll know where you stand)
Reply 36
I know its a long wait - Are you considering looking at other uni courses available through clearing?
Reply 37
i have looked through clearing, no unis appeal to me, but if im declined, i'll have to choose a uni that accepts me
Reply 38
i was just thinking, it could be an idea to get a shortlist of courses in clearing which you like, just in case the worst case occurs on monday.
magnum
i have looked through clearing, no unis appeal to me, but if im declined, i'll have to choose a uni that accepts me

If no other uni appeals why not take a year out, retake a few modules and reapply? Going somewhere you don't want to, being unhappy and dropping out is a waste of everyone's time and your money.

If your household income is below £70,000pa then reapplying and taking a gap year could get you quite a bit more money in loans and grants.

Latest

Trending

Trending