The Student Room Group

Grow your Grades 2016-2017!

Welcome to Grow Your Grades 2017!

Grow your Grades is back for its third year, to help you get the grades you want! Start your GYG blog to document your journey from the beginning of your learning all the way through your exams and up to results day.

Why should I enter?

Enter for the motivation to study hard and put your grades up. Start a thread and keep it updated with your studying habits in order to propel your revision.

Who can enter?

The point of GYG is to improve your own results, whether you’re going form a D to a C or an A to an A*. This means that anyone at any level and any ability can enter! So get cracking whether you’re a GCSE, IB, A level or Uni student.

What are the rules?

In order to be in the running for a prize, you must start a blog before Jan 31st 2017, and update it fairly regularly. If you do long posts, one post per week or fortnight will be plenty. If you do short posts, you can do them daily or weekly to keep us updated with your progress.

Once you’ve started your blog, post in this thread that you’ve started one so we know who you are. The closing date to start your blog, and enter the competition, is the 31st January 2017. The competition will end on GCSE results day 2017.

If you’ve already made a blog documenting your progress (in the GCSE or A level forum for example) we can move it into the GYG forum for you.

What are the prizes?

First prize this year will be…. Drumroll please…

Spoiler

We will also have two runner up prizes (also TBC)

This was the winner from last year, and the two runners up are here and here.

This is what we like:

Photos! Of rooms, stationery, desks, kitchen tables, book, revision snacks - anything you like!

Hearing about things that go wrong as well as things that go right. The dark nights as well as the glory days.

How you learn, as well as what you learn. What goes right for you? What revision techniques do you struggle with?

Your life in general - how do you balance this?

Your feelings and emotions about the up times, the down times and the inbetweeny times.

Timetables, study plans, revision schedules and diaries. We like to know all the detail you think is uninteresting - we think it's interesting!

And remember - it's about the journey - not the destination.

Useful resources

Study Help Forums
Study Planner
A* at A-Level Question Thread
Beating Stress at College

Facebook_grow_your_grades.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Oooh, think I might have to give this a go! I'm trying for really good grades this year :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Oooh, think I might have to give this a go! I'm trying for really good grades this year :biggrin:

Oooooh yes please do :biggrin:

Amazing the first entry already! Can't wait to keep up with your journey. Best of luck for the following year!
Hmmm might start one.
Hmmm not sure..
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Reply 5
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hmmm might start one.
Hmmm not sure..
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You may as well! Chance to win a macbook...

Original post by Fox Corner
You may as well! Chance to win a macbook...

:colone: I think I will, where do I create my thread? :redface:

SUBBED
best of luck :hugs:
Reply 8

I've moved that in there for you now :smile: looks great!
Reply 9
Hey! Can you move my A*AA blog into here please? Unfortunately I'm on my phone so I can't link you easily :frown: but it's super easy to get it up on the list of threads I've created!

Muchas gracias!
Original post by Fox Corner
I've moved that in there for you now :smile: looks great!

Hi I've already got one :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4228678
*tries to catch breath*

here you are! (ngl, I'm just glad I'm on the first page :colone: )
(edited 7 years ago)
When you say it's a blog, does that just mean it's a thread that you dedicate to your GYG?

I think I'll give it a go this year! Good luck everyone.

Banana :h::h:
I started one last year but didn't end up finishing it so I'm gonna go for it this year
Started mine last week lol. Called Where Learning Begins. Can you move the thread, please?
Original post by jamestg
Hey! Can you move my A*AA blog into here please? Unfortunately I'm on my phone so I can't link you easily :frown: but it's super easy to get it up on the list of threads I've created!

Muchas gracias!

I've moved these for you both :biggrin:
Original post by ak143244
Started mine last week lol. Called Where Learning Begins. Can you move the thread, please?

Moved it for you :wizard:
Original post by Banana00
When you say it's a blog, does that just mean it's a thread that you dedicate to your GYG?

I think I'll give it a go this year! Good luck everyone.

Banana :h::h:

Yes sorry - I'll make that clearer in the opening post.

It's a thread that you use to update how your revision and learning is going over a long period of time - generally from your classes, to your exams, to your results :h: Take a look at some of the entries from last year to get a sense of how they did theirs. Your entries can be short, long, many, few - whatever works for you! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest