The Student Room Group

Can I use a fake school trip letter to go to a party?

It's my friends birthday on Saturday and I really want to go but my parents have been super strict recently and won't let me out after 9:30 :frown: Can I give them a fake school letter saying I'm at a school trip until 10 and that the the trip is quite far away so I don't have to be home until 11? I'm 17 btw. Also, my parents don't really speak English so won't be asking staff or bringing it up with other parents, there won't even be boys at this party.
Well by the sounds of things, if you get caught and there's a nasty punishment...just avoid it.
You've answered your own question
Totally unrelated but i knew a guy who faked his term exams XD

Anyways it's about to you if you want to lie to them.
Also if you get ill at this party if have an accident, then they will know for sure.
Don't lie.
Why not talk to them?
Original post by Anonymous
It's my friends birthday on Saturday and I really want to go but my parents have been super strict recently and won't let me out after 9:30 :frown: Can I give them a fake school letter saying I'm at a school trip until 10 and that the the trip is quite far away so I don't have to be home until 11? I'm 17 btw. Also, my parents don't really speak English so won't be asking staff or bringing it up with other parents, there won't even be boys at this party.

Unfortunately you live in their house so it is their rules, no point lying to them.
Reply 7
What school trip would have you out of the house until 11pm?!

I'd say it's worth a shot trying to be honest with them. Telling them where the party is, requesting a curfew and sticking to it. Even getting them to pick you up if need be. Explain that it's normal, you're mature and you need them to be able to trust you as you're off to uni next year.
This is a rubbish excuse and you'd be easily caught out. I would go with 'sleeping over at a friend's house for their birthday' and if they say no then they say no
You can fake it when it comes to lots of things. Fake insurance, fake bank statements, fake licenses, fake doctors letters...it's all quite easy.
You have 3 choices to be honest (In chronological order:
1) Try to convince your parents
2) Go a head with your school idea, or if it was me I would say that I am at a friends and lost track of time, (so yeah as in lie)
3) Be a rebel and deal with the consequences when you get back (if not caught)
Are your parents actually strict or just overprotective?
Coz if it's the latter, just be honest with ur parents. Get your mates mum or dad to speak to your parents. That always makes them a lot more relieved about the whole situation bc they know that someone responsible is around.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending