The Student Room Group

I don't really wanna do uni anymore

So I'm in my second semester of my first year of university. First semester was awful, I cried for the first few weeks everyday and was so stressed out. I have anxiety issues, panic attacks and I'm also a procrastinator with a violent fear of failing. Anything under a b+ I would consider a bad mark(probably because I always did well in high school). So I wanted to be a veterinarian and to do that you have to take a 60 credit hour course load for the pre professional part of it which is what I'm doing right now. Before I started university I thought I was going to be able to finish it in two years but so far I've only completed 1 of my required courses for the program and 1 elective. And after I finish the 60 credit hours I have to do a very hard 4 years of the actual vet med program. I'm already feeling stressed out with this second semester but don't want to tell my parents because they both want me to keep going. I'd like to keep going to but with it but I don't know if I'll actually be able to handle it. First semester if I hadn't have dropped chemistry I would've had a mental breakdown. I'd love to be a veterinarian but I can't even handle 4 courses and the vet med program is 4 years with a full courseload every month and I need above a 4.0 GPA to get in and I just don't know what to do. I don't wanna be labelled a university drop out but I don't know if I can handle this..... any suggestions on what to do?
Edit: I think I'd still like to go back eventually but right now it's just too much
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello. Are you studying in the States?
Reply 2
Original post by markova21
Hello. Are you studying in the States?

I'm studying in Canada
Original post by Ern_h
I'm studying in Canada

What uni is this? Tbh all Canadian unis have notoriously difficult curriculums. I would say stick it out but maybe a change in scenery would ne the best cuz all Canadian unis that I've heard of seem to be like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I'm studying at the university of Manitoba
Original post by Ern_h
I'm studying at the university of Manitoba

Cool :smile: yeah like I said... Canadian unis kinda suck like that cuz it's hard to maintain gpas there :/ maybe you can take a gap year in between first year and second year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending