The Student Room Group

Working as student nurse

I'm starting my adult nursing course in march 2017 and heard a couple rumours about working whilst studying. Isit true you can't work Monday to Friday in university hours as it classes as fraud? A student nurse told me this a few months ago and I didn't know if it was true. I was planning on working on my days off
Original post by Levi_shabba
I'm starting my adult nursing course in march 2017 and heard a couple rumours about working whilst studying. Isit true you can't work Monday to Friday in university hours as it classes as fraud? A student nurse told me this a few months ago and I didn't know if it was true. I was planning on working on my days off

You can work on your days off. They're a day off.
Especially from September as there are no bursaries.
This is where the confusion lies as you receive a bursary to attend university.
But a day off is yours to do with what you will.
You will be told that timetables can change and that you should be available Monday to Friday 9-5. So work should not come first, but your univeristy degree.
Many healthcare students work around their degree and because the bursary is a tax free income it should not affect your finances.
Just be careful to keep a delicate balance and not let working affect your studies!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest