The Student Room Group

Birth certificate and getting a job?

I'm having a bit of a problem here. I recently just got a job interview but was told that I needed to bring my full birth certificate.

The problem is that I'm half British, half Cambodian and was born in Cambodia therefore I have a Cambodian birth certificate but I'm still a British citizen (i have a British passport).

Will they still accept this? My whole birth certificate is in khmer (which I can't read 😂) and i don't know if that's suitable proof for being a British citizen but I can't really do much about it
Reply 1
It's strange that they want your birth certificate specifically. Usually it's passport or birth certificate if you don't have a passport? I'd just bring both, if they don't like the birth certificate there's nothing they can really do as the passport proves your right to work in UK and your identity.
Reply 2
Bump
Original post by awkwrdbby
I'm having a bit of a problem here. I recently just got a job interview but was told that I needed to bring my full birth certificate.

The problem is that I'm half British, half Cambodian and was born in Cambodia therefore I have a Cambodian birth certificate but I'm still a British citizen (i have a British passport).

Will they still accept this? My whole birth certificate is in khmer (which I can't read 😂) and i don't know if that's suitable proof for being a British citizen but I can't really do much about it

Dont worry your passport will be enough.

https://www.thanet.gov.uk/your-services/jobs/eligibility-to-work/eligibility-to-work/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending