The Student Room Group

He follows everyone but me??? Should I take it personally?

I know this sounds really petty and following people doesn't mean a lot, but it really hurt since it's someone who I know personally. Overall, in real life, we're pretty good acquaintances and we talk from time to time in school.

I decided to follow him on Instagram: I'm only following 80 people, and I have over 600 followers, meanwhile he's following over 350 and has 200 followers, I included this info to show that he does actually follow a lot of people... My account is public but his was private so I decided to follow him. He accepted my follow request but he hasn't followed me back. Should I be offended? This sounds so stupid but I genially feel rejected and kinda hurt :/ I thought we were friends, and he follows pretty much everyone else from my school :frown:

It sucks cuz I really wanted to talk to him and get closer to him as friends, he seems like a cool guy to be friends with :smile: But now, I feel like he completely doesn't like me, since he treats me so differently on social media compared to my other class mates. Even on facebook, he never likes my pictures, but he likes the majority of other people's...

I've had people tell me that from the way he acts around me in school, he has a crush on me, but surely if he did he would've followed me back right? Or shown some sort of interest in me via social media?

Again, I know how stupid this post sounds like, but I really need some reassurance that it's not something to take it personally...
Reply 1
No, you shouldn't take it personally. He accepted your follow request already so that says something. He may not even know you that well either so don't be offended by it.

But you're taking social media activity too seriously, likes or following doesn't mean anything. If you like this guy (which I think you do), then get to know him more and not be just "acquaintances".
Reply 2
Haha im on ur circumtance. The same absolutely. And i dont know why too? We talk eachother so many times, meet each weeks, but dont get “like” or follow back
Reply 3
Yaaa!My crush is my classmate...He accepted my follow..HE FOLLOW ALL OUR CLASSMATES EXCEPT ME.ME...We have talk just a little....But yeah...WITH THE OTHER HE HASNT EVEN TALK!
Original post by ChocoJello
I know this sounds really petty and following people doesn't mean a lot, but it really hurt since it's someone who I know personally. Overall, in real life, we're pretty good acquaintances and we talk from time to time in school.

I decided to follow him on Instagram: I'm only following 80 people, and I have over 600 followers, meanwhile he's following over 350 and has 200 followers, I included this info to show that he does actually follow a lot of people... My account is public but his was private so I decided to follow him. He accepted my follow request but he hasn't followed me back. Should I be offended? This sounds so stupid but I genially feel rejected and kinda hurt :/ I thought we were friends, and he follows pretty much everyone else from my school :frown:

It sucks cuz I really wanted to talk to him and get closer to him as friends, he seems like a cool guy to be friends with :smile: But now, I feel like he completely doesn't like me, since he treats me so differently on social media compared to my other class mates. Even on facebook, he never likes my pictures, but he likes the majority of other people's...

I've had people tell me that from the way he acts around me in school, he has a crush on me, but surely if he did he would've followed me back right? Or shown some sort of interest in me via social media?

Again, I know how stupid this post sounds like, but I really need some reassurance that it's not something to take it personally...

Maybe he thought you’d unfollow him immediately so didn’t bother considering you clearly just care about the ‘ratio’ by only following 80 accounts lmao
Honestly, this same scenario happened to me. After a full year of following him while he followed all of my friends except me, he just started following me back yesterday. At that time I took it personally, cause I thought I did something wrong, that he didn't like me or hated me, but now I think maybe he didn't notice that I started following him. It could happen. If he did get a lot follows, likes and your follow did get mixed in, he just simply didn't notice. Could be he was too busy and didn't check who started following him. That is, honestly, the best case scenario. This one is hurtful and I'm sorry to break it to you but it can be that he just doesn't want to follow you for reasons only he knows why. Either way, don't stress about it, if you care so much about it stop following him and just move on.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ChocoJello

No i feel the same. I too thought he have crush on me or atleast we r frnds,I waited he will send me follow request on insta, but he didn't so later i sent a request. He accepted but same.. didn't follow back. Then i thought may be he doesn't like me. But i saw his following and there was other girl. I feel like she is a competitor. But he follows her back then y not me. I didn't asked him to be my bf or what. I just wanted he should follow back. After so much courage i sent a request and then i felt really rejected nd seeing her in his following it felt worse. We talked normally.he smiles talks friendly then y on social media he rejected. I think fb was best in this regard.when frnd request sent there is no such option as follow back. Another thing,if he wants to increase his followers then he should accept random people, y making their friends feel rejected. I have a crush but more than that i thought he is a friend.

Latest

Trending

Trending