The Student Room Group

How strict is your school

Hi how strict is your school ? My school is quite strict my uniform is school sweatshirt school polo shirt school trousers and I wear plain black canvas pumps as school shoes as my school lets us wear them as an alternative to school shoes were not allowed to wear trainers boots or heels though.

Scroll to see replies

our front gates are locked during school hours to prevent ppl from sneaking away at free periods, idk if thats strict :dontknow:
Reply 2
Original post by ForestShadow
our front gates are locked during school hours to prevent ppl from sneaking away at free periods, idk if thats strict :dontknow:

We only allowed our phones out of lesson aswell
my school is pretty chill part of our uniform we litterally have a school hoodie u can wear as uniform, no ties and that stuff and teachers are really chill and are not allowed to shout.
Reply 4
Original post by CornOnTheJa-cob
my school is pretty chill part of our uniform we litterally have a school hoodie u can wear as uniform, no ties and that stuff and teachers are really chill and are not allowed to shout.

We have to wear the school sweatshirt with the school logo can wear plain white or school polo shirt black school trousers and we have to wear proper school shoes or plain black canvas pumps no trainers boots or heels
Original post by Theredone
We only allowed our phones out of lesson aswell

yep same here, in lower years: yrs 7 -10 you cant have one in breaks/lunch at all
Reply 6
Original post by ForestShadow
yep same here, in lower years: yrs 7 -10 you cant have one in breaks/lunch at all

We're allowed them in our bags but can't take them out in lesson
We weren't even allowed phones on school premises
Super strict... no phones, if your caught with one it is taken away for two school weeks. if you want short hair, mainly boys who do this particular haircut, nothing under grade 3?? I don't know what that means but not too short, and also if you're a boy you can't have too much long hair at the top... i don't know why
Reply 9
We have a school uniform we all have to wear but we also have school hoodies. You can pretty much wear any black trainers you want. Phones are allowed out at lessons but you have to ask before you can pick it up and use them. Most of the time we're told to use phones or just to put our headphones in and listen to music if we're revising. My school pretends to be strict but it seems pretty relaxed compared to everyone else lmao
I went to a Catholic all girls high school, so glad I left in 2015, it was strict af.

Teachers stood at the gates every morning checking uniform, and if it wasn't to standard they'll send you home or they'll give you detention and you would have to spend your lunch time writing an essay on why it's important to follow the rules.

Skirts had to be waay below our knees,

Couldn't dye our hair "weird" colours or instant isolation

Stud earrings were only allowed

If you were not wearing standard school shoes, you had to go to the office to get a slip which allows you to wear non school shoes for a day, this slip had to be shown to each subject teacher, so pointless

Oh, and at my school we had something called Wednesday reading, where you read for 30 mintues in form time, if you didn't have a book or you skipped this, you had to go to a room at lunchtime and read for 1 hour instead as a punishment.

List goes on tbh....
(edited 7 years ago)
We have to say a prayer that basically states that we are evil whenever we have done something against the school rules.
Reply 12
Original post by squirrology
I went to a Catholic all girls high school, so glad I left in 2015, it was strict af.

Teachers stood at the gates every morning checking uniform, and if it wasn't to standard they'll send you home or they'll give you detention and you would have to spend your lunch time writing an essay on why it's important to follow the rules.

Skirts had to be waay below our knees,

Couldn't dye our hair "weird" colours or instant isolation

Stud earrings were only allowed

If you were not wearing standard school shoes, you had to go to the office to get a slip which allows you to wear non school shoes for a day, this slip had to be shown to each subject teacher, so pointless

Oh, and at my school we had something called Wednesday reading, where you read for 30 mintues in form time, if you didn't have a book or you skipped this, you had to go to a room at lunchtime and read for 1 hour instead as a punishment.

List goes on tbh....

My school did a shoe check at the start of last term only proper school shoes and plain black lace up pumps are allowed I was ok as I wear pumps
Reply 13
Original post by catlol
We have a school uniform we all have to wear but we also have school hoodies. You can pretty much wear any black trainers you want. Phones are allowed out at lessons but you have to ask before you can pick it up and use them. Most of the time we're told to use phones or just to put our headphones in and listen to music if we're revising. My school pretends to be strict but it seems pretty relaxed compared to everyone else lmao

Mine does aswell but there not that strict
Reply 14
My school was so strict I got put in isolation for saying I don't believe in God. :lolwut:
Reply 15
Original post by Used
My school was so strict I got put in isolation for saying I don't believe in God. :lolwut:

Ouch lol
Reply 16
Original post by Theredone
Ouch lol

Yet someone got a teacher's award for making jokes about 9/11.
Recently been clamping down on uniform, phones. Much stricter rules, even though we have barely 5 weeks left :/
So sad. I'll still miss it
My school is very strict. You have to have a hall pass to be out of lesson or you will get a after school detention . You must wear blazer , blouse , tie , jumper , trousers , black normal socks and black polish able plain shoes that are not like trainers but are not boots . If you go against this you will be take out of lesson for the whole day plus a whole day inclusion . Phones are banned in school and if you are found with one they will not be returned until the end of day . Homework that are late result in after school detentions . Detention result no break or lunch . You have to be outside even if it raining at break and lunch or you will be taken to the head teacher . teachers even go as strict as c3 for no capital letters or full stops . So my school is pretty strict as you can see
Original post by Used

After all, a healthy bit of censorship and withdrawal of fundamental freedoms is synonymous with religious schools. (assuming that you attended a religious school)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending