The Student Room Group

Would you go out with a cheater?

Someone who's admitted to cheating on their ex partner before?

Not sure if I would tbh. :K:

Scroll to see replies

My instinct would be no because what's to stop them from doing it again? If a person has in them, repeating may be likely.
Reply 2
well it depends - if she cheated as her ex cheated then maybe but if she cheated for no reason then no
Never.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

If I felt like someone was really determined to better themselves from that, and wouldn't cheat again then I would. If I felt like they just told me because they were worried if I found out through someone else and weren't actually genuinely sorry, then I wouldn't. Regardless on wether someone cheated before or not, if they cheated on me then I would never get back with them. I think it's important to establish from the start what sort of things make you uncomfortable etc so there would be no excuse for them doing something that made me feel insecure/uncomfortable and vice versa.
Reply 5
Yeah, no definitely! I would love to go out with cheater. You know Monopoly? I play Monopoly with cheaters everyday and I love getting screwed over.

Wait, why stop there? Why go out with a cheater when you can marry the cheater!?

Hey, well I'm at it. I might as well give a thief my laptop and tell him to keep hold of it for a few days.

Ohh boy! Life is great!
No
My bf can :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: whoever, I don't care. As long as he doesn't fall in love with them and is smart about it. Although I myself wouldn't be into sleeping with other people. Call me a cuck but I just do not like constraining other people.
I don't think so... but guess you don't know for sure until you're in that situation
Reply 9
I'm not sure tbh.

If she looked like a cheater, and then it was revealed to me that she had cheated in the past then I probably wouldn't date her tbh

If she looked more thrustworthy and then it was revealed to me that she had cheated in the past I might still consider dating her, i'm not sure
I've been cheated on once and I'd never trust anyone who cheated again
It depends, honestly. If I believe that they have moved on, which oddly enough individuals have the capacity to do, then I would have little problem. If not, then no.

Edit: my definition of cheating would go further than simply not sleeping with them. When I think of "cheating", I usually think of an instance where some emotional/romantic attachment had been created. A drunk one night stand is not particularly damning to me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by queenofswords
My bf can :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: whoever, I don't care. As long as he doesn't fall in love with them and is smart about it. Although I myself wouldn't be into sleeping with other people. Call me a cuck but I just do not like constraining other people.

This is an attitude I certainly don't see often, but one that I do have respect for.

depends . It would help f I really liked them, they were fit and I knew the reason or circumstances of cheating. If you are warned beforehand then ts possible to date them on a casual basis and not get burned.
Original post by _gcx
This is an attitude I certainly don't see often, but one that I do have respect for.

PRSOM
No.

It would depend on the exact situation, and whether I was looking for a serious long-term relationship or not. At the moment I would have no issue with it because I only have a short-term mindset and wouldn't feel particularly protective anyway.
No
This, absolutely. Think about it from a cheater's perspective: you're not being permitted to leave the past behind you and hence are forced to dwell on it. How is that fair? (this is more to the people that said no regardless of circumstances)
no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending