The Student Room Group

What did you eat for dinner/lunch on your first day at uni?

I'm not a great cook, so I would like ideas of what to eat at uni. Especially on the first night! I also don't want to have takeaways constantly either... otherwise I'll gain weight :-/
Thanks x
Original post by Rs19
I'm not a great cook, so I would like ideas of what to eat at uni. Especially on the first night! I also don't want to have takeaways constantly either... otherwise I'll gain weight :-/
Thanks x

I honestly don't remember what I had for dinner two days ago, let alone last September. Nothing complicated, I remember deciding to go out last minute with my flat, and that's about it.

Usually though I make meals that I can keep leftovers for the next day; spaghetti bolognese, curry etc.
Cooking's not hard, try making meals your parents usually make for you :h:
Original post by Rs19
Thanks x

On my first night at uni I had a couscous and tuna salad pot (I don't remember exactly what it was called). At uni I tend to live on meals that I can heat up in the microwave and oven like lasagne and chilli, though I do cook for myself too when I'm not too busy (normally I make things which are fairly straightforward/not too time-consuming, and will keep for a couple of extra days, like pasta and soup) :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
On my first night at uni I had a couscous and tuna salad pot (I don't remember exactly what it was called). At uni I tend to live on meals that I can heat up in the microwave and oven like lasagne and chilli, though I do cook for myself too when I'm not too busy (normally I make things which are fairly straightforward/not too time-consuming, and will keep for a couple of extra days, like pasta and soup) :smile:

I live off meals similar to that and I don't even go to university. :redface:
Reply 4
I went to uni via distant learning so I always ate lunch from home but I do remember what I had for my first lunch at college. I went up to the dinner lady and asked for chips and cheese and she told me that the cheese was over on the separate counter so gave me chips and told me to get the cheese so I picked up what I thought was a tub of cheese and put it over my chips and went to the till and the cashier looked inside to see what I had bought and I wondered why she gave me a weird look, I thought she was just moody and walked away after I paid and I ate them and thought "wow, this cheese is really watery and crunchy. I've never had cheese like this before". It took me about 4 mouthfuls to realise I had put grated and shredded carrots all over my chips instead :colondollar: :laugh:
Nothing, I was too nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moules Mariniér and champagne at Belogo in London. Well, a guy's gotta start the way he means to go on.
Original post by Rs19
Thanks x

Do you not have a hall or something which serves food?
Reply 8
Original post by Reality Check
Do you not have a hall or something which serves food?

Well all the halls are self catered but I suppose there is a cafe at the uni. But don't think I'll go there all the time.
Reply 9
Wow, great answer! Yeah frozen meals are probably what ill most likely eat too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending