The Student Room Group

Feeling lonely when you have people round you

I'm feeling really low at the moment and seeking advice.

I have really good friends round me but I still feel really lonely.
I think this is because I'm missing having a partner. My ex got back in contact the other day but I had to tell him we wouldn't work. I'm moving for uni and he already lives 2 hours away and I can't go back there after a lot of hurt but It surprisingly stung a little when I had to say no. It made me miss having someone that you can talk to and then just hold you and make it feel better and all that soppy stuff......
Feeling and emotions that your friends can't give you.
I'm normally a really self dependant person but it's really bringing me down especially when all of my friends are in relationships and I can't start anything with me moving to a new city in September.

Any advice?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Longlegs99
I'm feeling really low at the moment and seeking advice.

I have really good friends round me but I still feel really lonely.
I think this is because I'm missing having a partner. My ex got back in contact the other day but I had to tell him we wouldn't work. I'm moving for uni and he already lives 2 hours away and I can't go back there after a lot of hurt but It surprisingly stung a little when I had to say no. It made me miss having someone that you can talk to and then just hold you and make it feel better and all that soppy stuff......
Feeling and emotions that your friends can't give you.
I'm normally a really self dependant person but it's really bringing me down especially when all of my friends are in relationships and I can't start anything with me moving to a new city in September.

Any advice?

Hiya,

The feeling of having friends but still being alone is an all too familiar feeling and as much as you may not want to hear it: I think being single fo a little while might do you some good. Learn to love yourself a bit more and when you go to uni look for friends rather than a new partner even though it can be hard to be the only one of your friends who isn't in a relationship.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
Thankyou!! Yeah that has definitely helped! Just need to focus on me and power through!

Original post by Purpleunicorn197
Hiya,

The feeling of having friends but still being alone is an all too familiar feeling and as much as you may not want to hear it: I think being single fo a little while might do you some good. Learn to love yourself a bit more and when you go to uni look for friends rather than a new partner even though it can be hard to be the only one of your friends who isn't in a relationship.

Hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending