The Student Room Group

Student finance question???

It says have I supported myself for the last 3 years.

I am currently on benefits and have been for like 9 months and was in full time education before that my mum pays my utilitiy bill and I think the council excuses me from the rent, and I don't pay council tax so what should iwrite
Original post by Moonspace
It says have I supported myself for the last 3 years.

I am currently on benefits and have been for like 9 months and was in full time education before that my mum pays my utilitiy bill and I think the council excuses me from the rent, and I don't pay council tax so what should iwrite

As you were in full time education before the 9 months they wont count you as supporting yourself for 3 years so put no.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
As you were in full time education before the 9 months they wont count you as supporting yourself for 3 years so put no.

Ok thanks. Also im not sure about where I will be living, in the halls or at home so what option should I select
Ok thanks. Also im not sure about where I will be living, in the halls or at home so what option should I select

put halls then you can change it to home if needs be
Reply 4
put halls then you can change it to home if needs be

Also, For tuition fee loans do I put I want to borrow the maximum loan because I think I may be eligible for bursaries so if I get the maximum loan can ichanged that once I get bursaries im not exactly sure how it works
Also, For tuition fee loans do I put I want to borrow the maximum loan because I think I may be eligible for bursaries so if I get the maximum loan can ichanged that once I get bursaries im not exactly sure how it works

Yes go for the maximum then you can change it later
Reply 6
Yes go for the maximum then you can change it later

Hi another question...
It said do you want to apply for additional maintanence and I said no and then it said we don't need you to provide financial info because you are not applying for additional maintanence or grants? What are grants is that similar to bursaries, if so I want to apply for that
Hi another question...
It said do you want to apply for additional maintanence and I said no and then it said we don't need you to provide financial info because you are not applying for additional maintanence or grants? What are grants is that similar to bursaries, if so I want to apply for that

grants are only if you have kids or disabilties otherwise they dont do them in england anymore, you need to go back and change that if you want more than the minimum loans.
Reply 8
grants are only if you have kids or disabilties otherwise they dont do them in england anymore, you need to go back and change that if you want more than the minimum loans.

I want toapply for bursaries and they said they will provide my info to the university and they will send me a letter if im eligible for bursaries and I haven't been asked for my financial status and my family's financial status yet and im on the last page of the application so do I need to write that somewhere in my application in order to get the bursary from the university?
I want toapply for bursaries and they said they will provide my info to the university and they will send me a letter if im eligible for bursaries and I haven't been asked for my financial status and my family's financial status yet and im on the last page of the application so do I need to write that somewhere in my application in order to get the bursary from the university?

there's a tick box about sharing information somewhere
Reply 10
there's a tick box about sharing information somewhere

Yeah I ticked the box but they havent asked me any financial information regarding income etc that might be useful to determine if im eligible for a bursary. So how will the university send me a letter about the bursary if they don't even know im eligible for it
Yeah I ticked the box but they havent asked me any financial information regarding income etc that might be useful to determine if im eligible for a bursary. So how will the university send me a letter about the bursary if they don't even know im eligible for it

it's a data sharing box so they'd share info that you give them and even if not you can probably apply for a bursary with your uni by giving them the info yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending