The Student Room Group

Old twitter account from years back - HELP

I didn't really know where to post this question as it didn't really fit into any particular category.

Anyway, it's always in the back of my mind and today I keep thinking a lot about it. I had an old twitter account (last tweet being 2012) making me around 13/14 at the time of using the account. I'm now 18, 19 this year and I still worry. I don't have the password to the account any longer or the email it was created with. I'm also glad there is nothing like my surname or anything of such linking me to the account if entered into a search engine.

The account hasn't many followers really, roughly 170 but too they're inactive. There are some immature, meaningless tweets too which do bother me but also a selfie or two. My main problem is me being a great fan of rap theres a tweet with the N word in (spelt with the letter a too rather than the usual spelling) after quoting lyrics. Looking back at this it is a great mistake, and I wouldn't dream of using such language even though my musical choices use such words. Anyway, I know myself I have grown from my 13/14 year old self and to be fair it isn't just the twitter account I always look back and regret the choices of my past when I was young. I suppose I'm just asking for advice, maybe a few words about how I should learn from my mistakes. Anything please, and no nasty comments because I do feel great regret every single day.

Thank you.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your old twitter account would be hard for people to find now, there are so many people using the site that your old account would get lost. There is nothing to connect you by name and it was a long time ago. Just carry on the way you are and be careful of what you post online,
Reply 2
Original post by cheesecakelove
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your old twitter account would be hard for people to find now, there are so many people using the site that your old account would get lost. There is nothing to connect you by name and it was a long time ago. Just carry on the way you are and be careful of what you post online,

That's greatly true. I guess I need to stop worrying so much, there's not much I can really do. I have learnt the lesson of being careful what I post, learnt it a long time ago. Thank you again. It's reassuring to hear kind words.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending