The Student Room Group

NEED HELP - offers rejected what to do?! Clearing?

Thanks! Xoxo
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Kbellee8x
Hi all,

I attended university studying Law LLB in September 2016 at Oxford Brookes & I was living on campus as my home is in London. However due to health reasons, I had to drop out in February 2017 as I injured my back and leg and couldn't walk to get to lessons/lectures or even sit down for long.

I will have recovered by September 2017. I reapplied for university in London and decided to stay home and study rather than accommodation. Unfortunately, I only received 2/5 of my offers which was quite sad as when I applied in 2016 whilst doing a levels I received all 5 of my offers and got my firm choice. The universities that did accept me are too far (over an hour and a half journey) but I picked them to fill up the spaces but I ideally wanted to attend BPP or City Uni of London. Now my offers have all been responded to I have to make a decision.

I was thinking of going through clearing and applying to university of Westminster but I don't know whether it's risky to decline all my offers and wait for clearing as the uni might not even have spaces?

I'm really stuck and don't know what to do. If anyone's been in clearing before - did you end up finding a university that accepted you? How does the clearing process work? I'm worried no universities i want to go to in clearing will accept me and I won't be able to go back to university.

Thanks! Xoxo

Clearing is always a risk really, if you wont be happy at your two choices then it could be worth it though. Did you get feedback from the universities that rejected you?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Clearing is always a risk really, if you wont be happy at your two choices then it could be worth it though. Did you get feedback from the universities that rejected you?

Yeah I emailed all of the rejected universities but they never responded. 2/3 of them had higher entry requirements than what I got a level so assuming it was because of that? But for all 3, they asked me to provide documentation of my a levels a month after I applied so not sure why they'd ask for that then reject me? It's not as if I lied about my grades so I don't get why after I sent them my documents they rejected me?
Original post by Kbellee8x
Yeah I emailed all of the rejected universities but they never responded. 2/3 of them had higher entry requirements than what I got a level so assuming it was because of that? But for all 3, they asked me to provide documentation of my a levels a month after I applied so not sure why they'd ask for that then reject me? It's not as if I lied about my grades so I don't get why after I sent them my documents they rejected me?

yes I would presume that with the higher entry requirements and with you not resitting they wouldnt give you a place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending