The Student Room Group

What does it mean when a guy wants to call instead of text?

So this guy who lives in my area has been DMing me for about 6 months now and we are strictly friends (by my terms anyway); he knows I have a boyfriend and seems to accept that. We have talked briefly at a few parties as well. However, he has recently asked for my number and wants to call instead of text. Is this weird? Does he just want to be close friends or??? 😕Idk... if you have any idea what this means or if youve been in a similar situation I'd be very grateful for any kind of advice. 😊 Thnx
Original post by Gwenog_quidditch
So this guy who lives in my area has been DMing me for about 6 months now and we are strictly friends (by my terms anyway); he knows I have a boyfriend and seems to accept that. We have talked briefly at a few parties as well. However, he has recently asked for my number and wants to call instead of text. Is this weird? Does he just want to be close friends or??? 😕Idk... if you have any idea what this means or if youve been in a similar situation I'd be very grateful for any kind of advice. 😊 Thnx

Probably fancies you.
There's a possibility that he likes you and by giving your number, there is also a possibility that you may end up entertaining it. I would advice just joking around saying something like

"you already have me on social why do you need my number :biggrin:. Are you part of the FBI and you now want to turn me in:biggrin:"

Something like that but just make it funny so can draw the line of where your friendship is, with some humour :biggrin: xxxx
Original post by Anonymous
There's a possibility that he likes you and by giving your number, there is also a possibility that you may end up entertaining it. I would advice just joking around saying something like

"you already have me on social why do you need my number :biggrin:. Are you part of the FBI and you now want to turn me in:biggrin:"

Something like that but just make it funny so can draw the line of where your friendship is, with some humour :biggrin: xxxx

Tysm I will definitely try that!!
wants to hear your voice tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending