The Student Room Group

Making a move

If anyone could help me out here, I would be so appreciative. So I came out a few months ago to my family and friends and have started to like this guy. He is in the year above me and probably has no idea who I am, although he has accepted friend requests online, even at late. I have seen him around town a few times and we have both caught the same bus a few times, but never even made eye contact. We are in the same science catchup and I was too nervous to talk but did eventually message him to ask if Chemistry A - level was alright (making small talk to start a conversation). He replied, and said he enjoyed it. He also told me the course he is on but that was pretty much it. He didn't ask questions back and I did not want to ask too many so it did not look like I was coming on to him. From what I think, theres a 70% chance he is gay, however some of my friends think he definitely is and some think he is not. How else can I start talking to him or get to know him in a friendly way as I do not want to give him the impression I like him if he is straight. Bearing in mind our social circles do not link at all and the closest link I have to him is through a friend, of a friend
Reply 1
Original post by aatheoneaa

We are in the same science catchup and I was too nervous to talk but did eventually message him to ask if Chemistry A - level was alright (making small talk to start a conversation). He replied, and said he enjoyed it. He also told me the course he is on but that was pretty much it. He didn't ask questions back and I did not want to ask too many so it did not look like I was coming on to him.

You either continue messaging him, or you don't.
If there's no way of talking face to face cause you wouldn't ordinarily see each other very often then keep messaging and eventually suggest meeting up.
If you're too worried about him not being gay to message then it's not gunna go anywhere so forget about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending