The Student Room Group

The Impatiently Waiting for Letter From Track Thread

I know, I know. I probably won't see any offers there once I do get onto it, but I'm just desperate to get onto Track just as a comforting thing and I'd know for sure that the Universities had received my application.

My application was sent last week Thursday or Friday I think, and the wait for the postman to drop the letter through the box is agonising. I even check Apply just to see if for some strange reason, UCAS have decided to put more details on there without me knowing. The fact that it says 'you will be sent a welcome letter' makes me feel nervier because it's like they haven't sent it yet.

I want to be addicted too!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You could always do the "Forgot login details?" in Track if you are that desperate to get your Application Number.
Reply 2
alex_hk90
You could always do the "Forgot login details?" in Track if you are that desperate to get your Application Number.

Way ahead of you. It said that my application couldn't be uniquely referenced from my details.
glad i found this thread. i was about to ask the same. done what alex said and can now access it, thankyou!
At least you lot have had your applications sent!
I have been waiting for my school to do my reference for three weeks now.. driving me crazy!
Reply 5
Hispanic-Impressions
At least you lot have had your applications sent!
I have been waiting for my school to do my reference for three weeks now.. driving me crazy!

Same
Reply 6
alex_hk90

I tried it, didn't work. : \

Btw, I sent off my ucas form last Wednesday. So I'm wondering, when will the universities receive it? Is it 2 days after it's been sent, or the day you receive the welcome letter from ucas and login to track?
Aristoteles
I tried it, didn't work. : \

Btw, I sent off my ucas form last Wednesday. So I'm wondering, when will the universities receive it? Is it 2 days after it's been sent, or the day you receive the welcome letter from ucas and login to track?

Do you mean you sent it off (to go to the referee) or your referee sent it off to ucas? Mine got sent off to ucas (from my referee) about thursday/friday last week, and unis have already got my application, so yours should be too if it got sent off to ucas on wednesday. :wink:
Reply 8
I'm waiting for the letter too, the postman hasn't been yet today! Noo!
Reply 9
shootingstar123
Do you mean you sent it off (to go to the referee) or your referee sent it off to ucas? Mine got sent off to ucas (from my referee) about thursday/friday last week, and unis have already got my application, so yours should be too if it got sent off to ucas on wednesday. :wink:

My referee sent it off to ucas on wednesday. Alright thanks, but have you received your letter yet?
My letter came roughly a week later I think, maybe 8 days later or something...
Just ring UCAS and say 'you don't know your application number'. Tell them your personal I.D number and then they'll say when the letter is being sent off - but 'since you've rang we're happy to give you your application number if you just answer some security questions'. Easy peasy.
Reply 12
shootingstar123
unis have already got my application

How do you know that? When I log into track it just says "Your application has been sent for consideration." So I have no idea whether the unis have actually received it yet.
^ They have.
Reply 14
My referee sent my UCAS away on friday the 12th, and I got a confirmation letter dated the 15th, which arrived on the 16th:biggrin: Not bad, eh?:p:
Reply 15
Don't worry, it came within a week for me and has seemed to be prompt for other people I've heard about too.

If 'forgetting' your login details doesn't work, wait a day or two and try it again. At first it was saying my application can't be uniquely referenced, but the day after I tried again and it worked.
Reply 16
I had to wait 6 days before I could use the forgot login details trick, and I'll probably get the letter tomorrow as well. Didn't have any offers though :frown:
Reply 17
Mines a bit weird too. It all got sent off on the 17th and I haven't received a letter from UCAS yet. BUT the weird bit is that I got the little letter from Southampton this morning saying that they have received my application and will get back to me shortly. What the hell..? Any figure of wisdom care to explain this to me please..
Shane-O
Mines a bit weird too. It all got sent off on the 17th and I haven't received a letter from UCAS yet. BUT the weird bit is that I got the little letter from Southampton this morning saying that they have received my application and will get back to me shortly. What the hell..? Any figure of wisdom care to explain this to me please..

It's quite simple, your universities have received you application, but UCAS haven't got round to sending you your letter, after all, the letter isn't in the slightest bit important.

I got a confirmation e-mail from Manchester today, it also had my UCAS ID/Application Number.
Shane-O

Don't worry, it's all screwed up. I've applied to So'ton and have received nothing from them, but got my UCAS letter about a week ago. (it was about a week after I applied).

Latest

Trending

Trending