The Student Room Group

I give up on my life

Am tired of everything. Nothing in me wants to actually live. Am fed up of how I know I can do better in my education, but am just not motivated to do anything. Especially after the maths exam I cried and I was in the toilet and sat down crying, I saw that I was shaking. I wasn't crying because I done bad I was crying because I knew those topics if I had bothered to revise I would have done better, but no. I was crying because I let my teachers down I wasted my mum's money. I was disappointed in myself and I just wanted to say to my teachers that am sorry if I disappointed you.

Today I had to go tutition and I really didn't feel like it. I didn't want to tell my teacher that 'I don't want to talk about it'.(maths exam) I felt so bad, but then I thought how can run away from this one day or another I have to confront it. Then when I went tuition my teacher wasn't there so I had another teacher and he was questioning me about the paper and he was mentioning topics and I just said 'no', to nearly everything. I felt so dumb that I couldn't do any topic properly. Nowadays am just roaming around like a depressed person who just cries over things.

Scroll to see replies

What about your life is it that you are unhappy with - is it just your education or are there other things?

I think you should talk to someone about how you are feeling - teacher or parent. If you continue to keep things to yourself, you will end up feeling worse and less likely to confront the problem.
Original post by cheesecakelove
What about your life is it that you are unhappy with - is it just your education or are there other things?

I think you should talk to someone about how you are feeling - teacher or parent. If you continue to keep things to yourself, you will end up feeling worse and less likely to confront the problem.

There's too many, but mainly education is what am concerned about.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by cheesecakelove

I do tell people but the thing is that some people don't understand it. When I say I don't want to talk about something specific, that person just always talks about it and it hurts me, because no matter how much time I will tell you to stop, she doesn't stop and she knows I don't like it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Breaks my heart that education and exams can make people feel this way, but I have felt the same in the past. Exams are important however they are not the most important thing in the world, don't waste your time getting upset about them. If your maths exam went badly you can always re-do it if you don't pass its not the end of the world:smile: If you feel this way after exams then maybe go to your doctor as you may be depressed? and if you need to talk at all just message me. Just remember life is full of opportunities it doesn't end if you don't do well in education.
Original post by haizybaby
Breaks my heart that education and exams can make people feel this way, but I have felt the same in the past. Exams are important however they are not the most important thing in the world, don't waste your time getting upset about them. If your maths exam went badly you can always re-do it if you don't pass its not the end of the world:smile: If you feel this way after exams then maybe go to your doctor as you may be depressed? and if you need to talk at all just message me. Just remember life is full of opportunities it doesn't end if you don't do well in education.

I do feel depressed and it's worst if I get diagnosed with it because I have anxiety. I don't ask for help because I know am mentally strong to cope with all of this.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Am tired of everything. Nothing in me wants to actually live. Am fed up of how I know I can do better in my education, but am just not motivated to do anything. Especially after the maths exam I cried and I was in the toilet and sat down crying, I saw that I was shaking. I wasn't crying because I done bad I was crying because I knew those topics if I had bothered to revise I would have done better, but no. I was crying because I let my teachers down I wasted my mum's money. I was disappointed in myself and I just wanted to say to my teachers that am sorry if I disappointed you.

Today I had to go tutition and I really didn't feel like it. I didn't want to tell my teacher that 'I don't want to talk about it'.(maths exam) I felt so bad, but then I thought how can run away from this one day or another I have to confront it. Then when I went tuition my teacher wasn't there so I had another teacher and he was questioning me about the paper and he was mentioning topics and I just said 'no', to nearly everything. I felt so dumb that I couldn't do any topic properly. Nowadays am just roaming around like a depressed person who just cries over things.
tbh no one feels motivated. I just CANT study! I try tell myself these exams are important but its hard to get motivated. Don't worry you're not the only one. Worrying wont solve anything. We still have time to turn it all around. So from now start revising and try to get better grades. Focus on the future. Forget about the past. 🙂🤞🏻👍🏻📝
I do feel depressed and it's worst if I get diagnosed with it because I have anxiety. I don't ask for help because I know am mentally strong to cope with all of this.

Asking for help can be huge weight off your shoulders trust me! There are tons of online communities where people can help you talk about your issues?

omg you just described my life rn. I did the edexcel math and i feel like i wasted all my moms efforts because it was so hard and i don't think i came out with a good score.
Asking for help can be huge weight off your shoulders trust me! There are tons of online communities where people can help you talk about your issues?

Am a really reserved person and everyone knows that so to suddenly tell someone everything would be kind of hard.

This is me after my AS maths exam and chemistry and biology. The thing is I studied and I still feel like I done sh!t. Oh well no need to look back there's always a second chance.
Am a really reserved person and everyone knows that so to suddenly tell someone everything would be kind of hard.

You can message me if you want ❤️
If you aren't feeling motivated to do things, this can be a big problem, and it is a sign that your issues are affecting how you live. I think you need to do something about it, even if it just talking to someone about it. I understand that sometimes you don't want to talk but do you think this is something you can do for the rest of your life? If you don't want to talk to someone you know personally, you could try talking to a health professional or as the above poster says, talking to online communities?

Take small steps. I know it isn't easy at the moment, but it will help you so much in the long run
(edited 6 years ago)

Exams are meant to make people feel this way, and for those who can tackle and overcome mistakes and realize they are just being silly will get great grades. OP even knew he didn't do his revision, and he didn't even want to go to tuition and even improve?
What?
Obviously, the title has connotations to suicide and of course no exam should make students kill themselves, but exams are designed to break people down.
Yeah know how you feel.

I have no motivation to participate in society. I can't see much value in anything really. Education is a piece of paper and work is a good way of wasting 1/3 of your life. Kinda depressing.
Hang in there, and get revising, and go to tuition, you need it, before your emotions start to get any worse, do something about it.
Yeahh lk how you feel with motivation , my motivation levels are like 0.1% rn :sad:
Reply 17
:frown:
The worst bit is that am good at hiding it. I can cry for as long as I want and the next day I can just put a simile on my face and make everyone see a 'happy' me.
I just want be happy with my life and actually have a reason to be happy.

Quick Reply

Latest