The Student Room Group

When should I delete Tinder?

Poll

When should I delete Tinder

You swiped right, went on a date, and you think you want to see more of them. Feeling pretty chuffed, right? :u:

But here's the thing...At what point in a potential new relationship do you delete Tinder? If you were on a fourth date with someone and saw the notification pop up on their phone, would you be mad? Or is it okay to continue swiping until the official 'talk' has happened? :dontknow:

Is 'the talk' even still a thing? Or is 'the talk' = Facebook official? Who knows!

What do you think?

When you've met someone through online dating, how to you start to form trust with them?

P.S. If you've got trust on your mind in your relationship, this tool can be really helpful. :smile:

Turn off notifications after the first date, delete the app after the second date if it goes well.
I wouldn't be mad if I were going on a date and saw a notification from the app, as personally, I think that in that dating phase you aren't exclusive with each other so talking to other people is still acceptable. I'd only be pissed if they responded to it during the date.

After deciding to make it official as you say, I would probably just untick the 'Show me on Tinder' option to begin with (wouldn't be using it anymore), and eventually delete the app after getting past the first part of the 1's & 3's rule.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
I don't think there is any set length - just once you have the "exclusive" talk.
Never - Because the other options require you to have actually had a match first :colonhash:
Don't install it in the first place.
Reply 6
Just don't tell her/him that you still have it.

I mean that you will still have other options if the current one doesn't go well.
when you get catfished..
Original post by Virolite
when you get catfished..

:/
A friend of mine in the army uses it, gets loads of hook ups! I tried to install it, but it automatically signed me up to facebook! [Which Im not into at all.] So I deleted it.
Who even uses Tinder though......

If I ever used it (Never will), I'd delete it "when it gets serious" because it can end any time before that.
It's up to you. When I first joined plenty of fish, I met this guy and we went on one date. From there I knew it was time for me to delete my profile - so I did. He didn't delete his until we got the point where things were serious, which I was cool with (not that I even had a choice lmao).
I deleted my profile after a lot of dud dates, and told myself I'm not bothering with dating any more.... and then my current partner asked me out the next day :lol:
Original post by UWS
I don't think there is any set length - just once you have the "exclusive" talk.
I'd say this. Just because you're in the first stages of dating someone doesn't mean you're necessarily exclusive.
Generally speaking it would be when it got serious or i knew i wanted her as my girlfriend. That did happen the first time i met a girl once (went nowhere but she was instantly incredible) but most of the time it's a slow process and the woman emotionally invests first.

I would say that if after a month she still had such apps, i would end things. She clearly sees no future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending