The Student Room Group

Do guys care about a girl's weight?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WaffleApple
Let me guess, you are either a 20+ year old virgin or you have an obese girlfriend lol.

Look bro, some of us guys actually like girls who look like girls. We aren't looking to date a baboon.

Dude, I am 36 and married with two kids. Married to a woman who is a spitting image of Cambridge only with actual curves.

I've dated women who were slim and some which were curvy, it is all sauce for the goose.

It's a good job people are so varied and without prejudice because you sound like a vacuous twit who would otherwise be stuck with madame palm and her five lovely daughters; show some respect.
Original post by modifiedgenes
Dude, I am 36 and married with two kids. Married to a woman who is a spitting image of Cambridge only with actual curves.

I've dated women who were slim and some which were curvy, it is all sauce for the goose.

It's a good job people are so varied and without prejudice because you sound like a vacuous twit who would otherwise be stuck with madame palm and her five lovely daughters; show some respect.

No offense man but at 36, you are a little past your prime. Its not like you can easily pickup the 18 and 19 year olds anymore. So its only natural that your standards would decline.

So I'm a vacuous twit, basically i show a lack of intelligence and im mindless. Are you sure you are not the vacuous twit? Because clearly you are the one that is mindless here. You are aware about the ever growing obesity epidemic in Britain, right?

Obesity and overweight rates are constantly rising. Its estimated that by 2045 over 50% of all Brits will be obese... Maybe you should re-read that line just to make sure it actually sunk in, 50% :smile:

Time for more statistics, currently its estimated that just under 30% of all women in the UK are overweight. And near 27% of all men here are overweight. Do you know what that adds up to? 57 flipping percent of the UK population are overweight.

Due to all the "Fat Acceptance" the consequences so far have been a dramatic reduction in the quality of British sperm. Heart disease, stroke and heart attack rates have also sky rocketed. Oh lets not forget diabetes either... Currently an increase of 1.9 million diagnoses for diabetes since 1998.

So really the mature man doesn't recognize attraction in everyone. He instead does not agree with fat acceptance... You know, assuming that he actually cares about the future of our population.

But for sure you are really helping by going up to the 200lb woman and saying "Don't worry babe, i know you weigh 200lbs but you are still super attractive in your own way"

Why not, lets all be fat accepting, its really not important if over half of youngsters risk an early grave because they eat too many cream cakes. .
(edited 5 years ago)
No offense man but at 36, you are a little past your prime. Its not like you can easily pickup the 18 and 19 year olds anymore. So its only natural that your standards would decline.

So I'm a vacuous twit, basically i show a lack of intelligence and im mindless. Are you sure you are not the vacuous twit? Because clearly you are the one that is mindless here. You are aware about the ever growing obesity epidemic in Britain, right?

Obesity and overweight rates are constantly rising. Its estimated that by 2045 over 50% of all Brits will be obese... Maybe you should re-read that line just to make sure it actually sunk in, 50% :smile:

Time for more statistics, currently its estimated that just under 30% of all women in the UK are overweight. And near 27% of all men here are overweight. Do you know what that adds up to? 57 flipping percent of the UK population are overweight.

Due to all the "Fat Acceptance" the consequences so far have been a dramatic reduction in the quality of British sperm quality. Heart disease, stroke and heart attack rates have also sky rocketed. Oh lets not forget diabetes either... Currently an increase of 1.9 million diagnoses for diabetes since 1998.

So really the mature man doesn't recognize attraction in everyone. He instead does not agree with fat acceptance... You know, assuming that he actually cares about the future of our population.

But for sure you are really helping by going up to the 200lb woman and saying "Don't worry babe, i know you weigh 200lbs but you are still super attractive in your own way"

Why not, lets all be fat accepting, its really not important if over half of youngsters risk an early grave because they eat too many cream cakes. .

If anyone needed any more proof for the pudding you have posted ample there. Good job.
If anyone needed any more proof for the pudding you have posted ample there. Good job.

I've actually just stated the facts.
I've actually just stated the facts.

Ha Ha: so have I.
Ha Ha: so have I.

Just so beautiful right man? Totally beautiful in her own way.

Original post by Jamie. B
is that a real answer?if so i hate you

Whose answer are you talking about?
There is nothing wrong if you are chubby.
Really disturbing the number of people who think being overweight (or underweight) is anything close to okay.
Original post by XOR_

I only have issue with the body types 1,2,7,8 & 9
anything from 3-6 and I care not.

only 2-4 for me
Yes; I get annoyed by girls weighing an odd number of kilograms.
Yes they do
My policy is if she can run 400m in under 2 min then that is fine, no matter the weight, so yes it does matter but nor does it matter if they can achieve this. In other words if a girl is physically healthy and heavy that is fine, if she is not then it is not.
U did your maths ridiculously wrong, 27% + 30% out of 200% is not 57%😂 It is actually around 28%, check your facts xxxxxxxxx

Due to all the "Fat Acceptance" the consequences so far have been a dramatic reduction in the quality of British sperm. Heart disease, stroke and heart attack rates have also sky rocketed. Oh lets not forget diabetes either... Currently an increase of 1.9 million diagnoses for diabetes since 1998.

160lbs is 11.5 stone, so yeah you're fat :smile:

If i was interested in dating a woman and her height was 5'6" i would expect her to be about 98lbs or at an absolute max 112lbs.

If you don't want to be fat just hit the gym two or three times a week and stop eating crap. That weight would drop off you :smile:

Legend! finally someone who i agree with! Fat acceptance is a very bad thing for both yourself and people who are fat.

Now that you started working out and eating smaller portions, in a few months time when you are in proportion you will be like "Sh*t, i would never date a fat or curvy girl" Simply because you will realize the amount of effort that goes into it.

Lol we're pussies? I think what you meant to say is the guys who don't are just not desperate for anything with a vagina.

Listen dude, we are not all in your position of desperation.

I'm easily a 7/10 in facial features. My body is a good 9/10 so I'm told... Why the hell would i lower my standards and settle for something less? I'm not even shallow either. Because i wouldn't settle for a hot girl who had a crap personality. Because i know that i can get both looks and personality :smile:

At least for adults being 98-112lb at 5'6" is underweight so I'm hoping you've misjudged your numbers for your ideal.
Hey!My name's Gabi. I'm not a guy, but I am a teen about your age, and all I can say is that you seem to be lacking confidence in your body image. I can see that you have some confidence when you mentioned that you think you are pretty and kind, and that is so amazing, but please don't bully yourself over something as trivial as the attention of some guy. You do not, nor should you ever, have to change anything about yourself in an attempt to have sex or a boyfriend. The kind of love that truly matters is the one that springs organically, the kind that feels comfortable and so utterly obvious to you that you won't be worrying about weight. I've been there. I think all girls have. In this society, we women don't have it as easy as some people might assume, now do we? Everyone is too brunette, too blonde, too bony, too chubby, too pale, too dark. We always seem to be too much of some things and too little of others. Once you find out who you are, you won't have to ask yourself whether you're ready or not for a relationship. You just will be. And guys will notice that. Make sure that you feel good in your skin and try to stay healthy, but only for your sake and wellbeing and not for the attention of others. Also, please keep in mind that all of this is way easier said than done. One other point I'd like to make is that the concept of the
(edited 3 years ago)
Also, even if you were the fittest, prettiest woman in the world, please don't think that some of the guys that have been replying to your sincere question are worth your time. These kinds of messages that I've unfortunately read here in the reply section are just the kind of sexist, demeaning crap that can only be bred by both ignorance and insecurity. A real man is someone who is accepting and kind, and would never intentionally make you feel bad about yourself. People like these men are everywhere, unfortunately. They believe that they know what's best for all women, and so the thought of telling them how to act, look, and be doesn't seem at all outrageously inappropriate to them. Well, all I have to say is that instead of wasting time telling us women how to be, they could spend a little more time cracking a book or two and cultivating themselves. Guys, I wish you all also the best. It's not perfectly easy being a guy, either, I can imagine. There are double standards for both genders. Just know that women have been criticized, harassed, insulted, and judged for centuries on end. Please take historical and societal context into mind before posting whatever you want online. Only cowards hide behind screens.
Also, for you geniuses out there, you realize that fat-shaming is completely and utterly inefficient and counterproductive, yes? You wield your statistics like swords, but you forget, as most people often do, the mind of the average person. If someone is relentlessly insulted for how they are, and obesity is usually not a choice by the way due to genetics, do you honestly think they will be motivated to change? No! Don't be ridiculous, please. I urge you to be kind. Think of how women must feel when you treat them like rubbish. You need to be accepting and love them for who they are. I know that some of you might not be persuaded if I use "feelings" as my only rhetoric. How about this-positive encouragement is the most effective motivator. If you are genuinely worried about obesity in Britain, which I personally doubt is your underlying priority here, you think fat shaming in the reply section of a chat room is going to help anyone? You just cause mental health issues. You just perpetuate pain. No one wants your hatred. There is enough hatred already. Go cultivate yourselves. Travel. Read a goddamn book. Stop bullying insecure women online. You make me mad at humanity.
No not at all I love when a guy has a dad bod! But when there directly obese than that’s when I kinda start to care unless there trying to lose the weight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending