The Student Room Group

How to stop caring what people think

I want to be my own person
Reply 1
Do what makes you happy, because anyone that judges you isn't worth having in your life and in the long run the people that judge you will have forgotten about you in a few years and you will have forgotten about them so they aren't worth worrying about. If people don't like you for being you, what does it matter because if it makes YOU happy then you are succeeding :smile:
Original post by Elvis Presley
I want to be my own person

You should care to a certain extent. Obviously don't let peoples opinions get in the way of opportunities that you know could be beneficial, but there's a line.
Its impossible to try and please everyone so just do what you want to do. Anyway who dislikes Elvis. You have hit after hit baby.
Within reason.... do what you want, say what you want and be who you want, because that's what you're here to do. You're on this world to make a difference.
Let's face it, everyone judges everyone to some extent, so you may as well be an interesting person and lead the life you want to lead. There's no point caring what others think about you because that will stop you living a happy life and being the best version of yourself. If you want to be your own person then I'd say just be more open and expressive. It's not an easy thing to achieve but it's definitely a very important stepping stone to success! :smile: Good luck!
Turn up some gangsta rap music, be real sarcastic, and strut with pride
lmfao you ask us for help on that

don't you see the irony
Original post by Coolerthanapples
lmfao you ask us for help on that

don't you see the irony

Haha yeah just noticed!
Find confidence in yourself and enjoyment within your own life. Once you do that, you generally care less and less about what other people think.
Reply 9
Original post by Elvis Presley
How to stop caring what people think

I don't really care what other people think. I'm an unreliable, selfish a***hole. Sometimes I wish I could care more. Is there any way of not caring about what other people think without becoming an unreliable, selfish a***hole? Being apathetic may be detrimental to my life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending