The Student Room Group

Help! Scared to voice my feelings.

Looking for a little advice,

I am in my early 20s and have on off fancied one of my sister's friends from afar since I was a teenager... A crush I have never really grown out of.
Recently since moving back home from University, I have ended up in being at the same events where this guy would be there. I have made myself known to him... now, and have engaged in conversations with him (which has taken a lot of strength to bury my shyness) so he knows who I am, I have added him on Facebook as well.

He would not suspect that I am interested at all, he is a quiet person, so not the easiest to get to know, but that is part of the attraction for me, as he isn't your typical guy. He is insanely clever, which is attractive of course but also makes me even more scared as I know that I am not on the same level intellectually.
I have no reason to believe that this guy is even attracted to me as we do not know each other well enough, and haven't picked up on any signs from him.
I at first could manage to bury these feelings, but I recently found out that I would be moving to a new city very soon, and he is moving to the same one at the same time!

I am becoming impatient with this situation. I have asked mutual friends for advice on what to do next, and they have said to message him when I am in the new city. I don't know him well enough to approach asking him to go on a date, or have any occasion where I would possibly bump into him again. I have had my fingers burnt in the past from being too forward with guys, which has made me slightly anxious to put my heart on the line again.
So now I am completely stuck with what to do, do I just live with how I am feeling and hope this goes away? Or will I forever be bumping into this guy that I have to suppress feelings for?! It is eating me up. Help!
Have a casual chat with him, see what you guys have in common and talk about that... have some bants... dont be too forward but you know tease him and he will in turn tease you... have some banter with him that sort of thing... and maybe he will open up more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending