The Student Room Group

Why are some people against homosexuality?

Can't people just love no matter the gender?

Scroll to see replies

ignorance is easier than acceptance :redface: It's a shame really...
Some people don't accept it because of their religion, and some just don't think it's natural.
Original post by Goldfish4343
Can't people just love no matter the gender?

It is the same reason why some people are racist. They are bigoted and fear anyone that is different from them.
RELIGION
Pretty much
Reply 5
It is not natural, it is not how humans are meant to be. I have nothing against gay people but it should not be encouraged. It is a defect and we should stop celebrating it.

I am an atheist btw.
Original post by Treeroy
It is not natural, it is not how humans are meant to be. I have nothing against gay people but it should not be encouraged. It is a defect and we should stop celebrating it.

I am an atheist btw.

Then stop using medicines, cars, electricity... I could go on and on. There is so much in this world that is unnatural. If you want to get rid of unnatural stuff, why don't you start with those.
Original post by Goldfish4343
Then stop using medicines, cars, electricity... I could go on and on. There is so much in this world that is unnatural. If you want to get rid of unnatural stuff, why don't you start with those.

I have nothing against queers, I just do not like the promotion of it via TV programmes such as corronation street and Eastenders which greatly over represents gay people, there is nothing wrong with it but i do not want it shoved down everyones neck. I bet if you compared the gay characters in coronation street with the national trends they are greatly over representative.
Original post by Treeroy

I am an atheist btw.

Original post by Getinthegutter
I have nothing against queers, I just do not like the promotion of it via TV programmes such as corronation street and Eastenders which greatly over represents gay people, there is nothing wrong with it but i do not want it shoved down everyones neck. I bet if you compared the gay characters in coronation street with the national trends they are greatly over representative.

"I have nothing against gay people but I am against gay people"
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
wut lol
how is any of that relevant

Those are things that we as an advanced, intelligent species, have deliberately created in order to better ourselves and our species. We now live longer, healthier, and safer lives as a result.

How does homosexuality benefit anyone? It means someone is incapable of fulfilling their goal in life. Gay people are a failure of nature. No offence.

By "natural" I don't mean it is physically unnatural, evidently it exists and does not seem like it was man made. But it is not healthy or normal, in the same way that any other defect or illness is not healthy despite it being naturally caused.

sorry I dont know why that was posted as anonymous. I am replying to you.
Original post by prazzyjazzy
ignorance is easier than acceptance :redface: It's a shame really...

There is a huge difference between accepting and supporting something. Generally speaking I think most people in the west, even religious people, accept homosexuality is here, it's a thing, it's practised, people are protected etc etc. However do I or some other people support it, encourage it or agree with it? Absolutely not, that is the key difference here.

Most people accept Islam as a religion, it's here and it's practised, do they agree and support it though? No probably not.
Original post by Getinthegutter

It really isn't shoved down people's necks...
Original post by Anonymous
wut lol
how is any of that relevant

Those are things that we as an advanced, intelligent species, have deliberately created in order to better ourselves and our species. We now live longer, healthier, and safer lives as a result.

How does homosexuality benefit anyone? It means someone is incapable of fulfilling their goal in life. Gay people are a failure of nature. No offence.

By "natural" I don't mean it is physically unnatural, evidently it exists and does not seem like it was man made. But it is not healthy or normal, in the same way that any other defect or illness is not healthy despite it being naturally caused.

And now you are calling homosexuality an illness. Me being gay doesn't harm anyone. Does oral sex or sex for fun help anyone? And what is the goal in life? To have children? So people that can't have children have also failed?
Most people against it are homosexual. i.e the anon on this thread :tongue:
Original post by EternalLight
There is a huge difference between accepting and supporting something. Generally speaking I think most people in the west, even religious people, accept homosexuality is here, it's a thing, it's practised, people are protected etc etc. However do I or some other people support it, encourage it or agree with it? Absolutely not, that is the key difference here.

Most people accept Islam as a religion, it's here and it's practised, do they agree and support it though? No probably not.

you can't compare a religion - which people choose to follow to sexual orientation; not a choice
anybody who thinks being gay is unnatural is clearly using flawed ideology.

firstly, what even defines natural? because homosexuality is all around us. it's extremely common in the animal kingdom and scientists have even found certain genes which may be linked to homosexuality. so if anybody mentions it's not natural.... then where the heck do you get that from?
Original post by Nathan Scott
you can't compare a religion - which people choose to follow to sexual orientation; not a choice

It's a common misunderstanding that people choose to follow a religion. To demonstrate this I challenge you to genuinely believe in Islam for 1 week, to genuinely with all your heart believe Allah is God.

Point I'm making is faith comes from the heart. It's simply not a choice.
It's a common misunderstanding that people choose to follow a religion. To demonstrate this I challenge you to genuinely believe in Islam for 1 week, to genuinely with all your heart believe Allah is God.

95% of the time faith comes from indoctrination through your parents, if you were born with Christian parents you would be a Christian.

Lol did you just try to convert me?

And yes it is a choice, a choice which God gave us!
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
95% of the time faith comes from indoctrination through your parents, if you were born with Christian parents you would be a Christian.

Exactly, some people like this wouldn't know any better though to be fair

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending