Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who was your worst teacher? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm not talking about a teacher that gave you a detention and i'm not talking about a teacher that didn't give you that extra mark to get an A when you were one off the grade boundary.
    I'm talking about a teacher who ruined your love for a subject and hence deterred you from taking it.

My predictions as to what subjects are going to come up most is Physics or Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    My English teacher in year 10 only turned up for a fortnight's worth of lessons at the start of term, and then went awol for the rest of the year.

ReputationRep:
    My Spanish teacher in year 8 (towards the end) put me off taking it for GCSE cos of the way she taught the 'preterite' tense. I chose Mandarin instead!
    One of my physics teacher was also quite bad.

ReputationRep:
    Art, funnily enough. She hated that I didn't draw/paint things exactly her way. Lowered my predicted end of year 9 grade to 8a from EP. Jokes on her, I got EP in the end. Didn't take art any further but I do it in spare time.

Doesn't stop there. She became my sixth form tutor in a cruel twist of fate! :eek: Absolutely hated me, would always say mean things/try to publicly humiliate me- things like I'd never get a job/amount to anything (I was undecided about my uni options during profiling). Jokes on her again, I will be doing a degree apprenticeship that will end up paying more than her measly wage lol

In our school we only had 2 physics teachers and my one was male. From yr 10 to yr 11 he's been really touchy and creepily close and would always listen to my answers the the other hands. He also took 3 sixth formers on a date and was known to flirt tons. He once called me to stay in for break and sat real close to ask if i was gunna take it next yr as an a level and that if I did he'd be the one teaching me....jheeze he gave me the creeps so not taking it for a level even though i loved it 😒

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dat.sour.ting)
    In our school we only had 2 physics teachers and my one was male. From yr 10 to yr 11 he's been really touchy and creepily close and would always listen to my answers the the other hands. He also took 3 sixth formers on a date and was known to flirt tons. He once called me to stay in for break and sat real close to ask if i was gunna take it next yr as an a level and that if I did he'd be the one teaching me....jheeze he gave me the creeps so not taking it for a level even though i loved it 😒
    Damn. :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckystars)
    Art, funnily enough. She hated that I didn't draw/paint things exactly her way. Lowered my predicted end of year 9 grade to 8a from EP. Jokes on her, I got EP in the end. Didn't take art any further but I do it in spare time.

Doesn't stop there. She became my sixth form tutor in a cruel twist of fate! :eek: Absolutely hated me, would always say mean things/try to publicly humiliate me- things like I'd never get a job/amount to anything (I was undecided about my uni options during profiling). Jokes on her again, I will be doing a degree apprenticeship that will end up paying more than her measly wage lol
    Haha . Thats sweet karma

ReputationRep:
    I had considered taking Psychology at university way before I started my A-Levels, but the teachers we had for it just sucked the life out of it. Our first teacher left at Christmas, and most of the class hail her for some reason, despite the fact she just read out of the textbook. However, she did make the subject more interactive than our second teacher - she would give out homework multiple times a week (questions on topics covered that week etc.), while our second teacher just read off the PowerPoints he'd made; attending his lessons became a chore, as you were just fed this information and he didn't even stop to go back over anything, and as for homework, he decided against setting 16-mark questions for Paper 1 and 2 topics despite us taking the linear course and not needing prepared for answering 12-markers, the ones he set us instead every three weeks.

I used to enjoy psychology, as I had a genuine interest in it - but now, I'm resigned to just going through the motions of learn, revise, learn, revise. The same goes for geography as well, with my sixth form's ineptitude to get a decent replacement for one of my geog teachers who left, and to stop my other geog teacher ****ging my classmates off and teaching us stuff that isn't in the course we're studying, but I've had an interest in geography for too long now that it could be just sucked out of me like my interest in psychology was.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.