The Student Room Group

When do we get our Access Course results?

Scroll to see replies

My place still has not been confirmed either. Need to wait for the certificate. Going to call the University today to try and explain the F'd up situation.
Original post by Questioning_Ella
My place still has not been confirmed either. Need to wait for the certificate. Going to call the University today to try and explain the F'd up situation.

I phones my firm choice Uni today and was told they were unwilling to discuss any of it with me because of the UCAS embargo. I didn't realise this applied to Access Results. :/
My Univesity emailed me two days ago and told me to check UCAS tomorrow morning. Hopefully this means that they've updated my UCAS status. *fingerscrossed* :angelwings:
Original post by LucaLucazades
I collect my results from college on the 3rd of August. My awarding body was CAVA.

I'm Cava too. I was never told to go in.
Original post by Hedwig2189

Have you rung your college and asked about it?
Original post by Hedwig2189

Like Ella said, I'd contact your college. I had to email my tutor first, then call the college to arrange a suitable collection date. You could always try going to your college, going directly to their exams registry. This is usually where results are sent to.

Have you rung your college and asked about it?
Reply 46
Original post by Rattie
My first choice still hasn't confirmed me even though I got the grades I need :frown: I wish they would just confirm me - even though I know I got in it's still hard knowing it's not certain yet! <paranoid> I wonder if they like to wait until after A levels and confirm everyone at once.

Mine either. They did confirm they had had them for a week, but said they were still waiting for a satisfactory clinical visit firm which I know for a fact that they have had it since May as I checked ages ago. Nothing is ever easy these days, seems like you always have to be chasing people. Anyway I told them who had it and they said once this person has confirmed she has received it, they can't say over the phone exactly what will happen but that my offer will be updated. I hope it's tomorrow when track reopens.

@Questioning_Ella I really hope you get sorted soon. It's a really crap situation to be in when you have worked so hard.
I have a happy update! The University I've made my firm choice chased my college to ask what's going on. It seems to have spooked the college as I got a call from the college saying that my UCAS track should be updated by tomorrow! Finally!
Reply 48
YAy! track is open and my first choice is confirmed. One very happy extra mature student 😀😀😀
My track still hasn't confirmed... Urgh
Just rang uni of Leeds for adjustment... They didn't even know what an access course was haha 😂
Mine has just been updated. Yay!

Got my results, Met the requirements but neither UCAS or the UCL portal has updated. Is this normal or should i start calling people?

My firm still hasn't done anything even though I far exceeded the requirements... I've got an unconditional from my insurance but of course I want my firm. I'm so stressed. Never been so triggered in my life. Rang up the Bath helpline and the guy was pretty honest and said he has no idea why it hasn't updated... Great! :frown:
Reply 54
My track still hasn't confirmed... Urgh

Ring your college again this afternoon. Keep chasing! It shouldn't have to be this much hard work considering the cost
Original post by tw02cow
Ring your college again this afternoon. Keep chasing! It shouldn't have to be this much hard work considering the cost

I will!
Original post by imherpacifier
Just rang uni of Leeds for adjustment... They didn't even know what an access course was haha 😂

Bizarre. Which department?
Talking to my college and UCAS and the University is literally like pulling teeth... Finding this painful. Just getting fobbed off all over the place.
Talking to my college and UCAS and the University is literally like pulling teeth... Finding this painful. Just getting fobbed off all over the place.

Apparently your college doesn't deal with UCAS, your Awarding body/Exam board does. That's what my college told me. So i called up my exam board to ask them what was going on, they tried to suggest that i took the exams late... as i was holding my certificate right in front of me while talking to them. They said they would call me back when they know what the problem is, god knows when though. These guys don't have a clue.
Original post by Jordamuk
Apparently your college doesn't deal with UCAS, your Awarding body/Exam board does. That's what my college told me. So i called up my exam board to ask them what was going on, they tried to suggest that i took the exams late... as i was holding my certificate right in front of me while talking to them. They said they would call me back when they know what the problem is, god knows when though. These guys don't have a clue.

This is so ridiculous :frown: Because our results haven't been sent to our Universities my friend on my Access Course got rejected from her firm choice, the University of Surrey. She exceeded the grades required!! This is NOT our fault that this is happening. So unfair.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending