The Student Room Group

Loan approval, OU, confusion!

Hi, I've asked about 1000 questions in here over the past couple of weeks, sorry! I'm new and confused to all the uni related stuff :s-smilie:

I applied online to SFE for tuition fee loans at the end of July and printed, signed and sent the declaration via post.

This morning, I have received an email from Open University saying

'We have not yet received confirmation that your loan application has been approved. Time is moving on and it is important to have your approved loan in place as soon as possible or your registration may be at risk.'

I know i applied for SFE really late so i knew there was maybe going to be turbulence but i'm not sure what to do now as this has freaked me out!

Should i just call Open University and explain again that I applied late for the tuition loan so it will probably take a while longer?

How long does it take for SFE to approve tuition fee loans?

Thank you for any help, sorry again for asking so many questions on here! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by jaczers
Hi, I've asked about 1000 questions in here over the past couple of weeks, sorry! I'm new and confused to all the uni related stuff :s-smilie:

I applied online to SFE for tuition fee loans at the end of July and printed, signed and sent the declaration via post.

'We have not yet received confirmation that your loan application has been approved. Time is moving on and it is important to have your approved loan in place as soon as possible or your registration may be at risk.'

I know i applied for SFE really late so i knew there was maybe going to be turbulence but i'm not sure what to do now as this has freaked me out!

Should i just call Open University and explain again that I applied late for the tuition loan so it will probably take a while longer?

Thank you for any help, sorry again for asking so many questions on here! :smile:

Speak to the OU and see what they advise. If they know you're intending to study they may be able to hold your place a while longer - but unfortunately they do get some people who initially reserve a place and then don't go through with it, so they can't hold everyone's places indefinitely.
Original post by jaczers

Hi jaczers,

Applications can take 6-8 weeks to process, contact the open university and advise them that your application is being processed.

Thanks Catherine
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi jaczers,

Applications can take 6-8 weeks to process, contact the open university and advise them that your application is being processed.

Thanks Catherine

Thank you! I have called them and have let them know. SFE status now says 'Payments scheduled' so i guess thats a good sign!

Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending