The Student Room Group

Anyone know why I’ve only been given the minimum?

Hi! I’m really confused, I was approved for student finance maintenance loan today, we’re a single income household that makes 35,000 a year max, and we made much much less for the 2021/22 tax year because of covid.

However I’ve been approved for £4,561. This is the same as my friends who are on dual income £60000+

I literally cannot afford any of my accom with this, and I’d need to work at least 25 hours a week in my current job.

What can I do? I’m so confused
Original post by Hilly876!!
Hi! I’m really confused, I was approved for student finance maintenance loan today, we’re a single income household that makes 35,000 a year max, and we made much much less for the 2021/22 tax year because of covid.

However I’ve been approved for £4,561. This is the same as my friends who are on dual income £60000+

I literally cannot afford any of my accom with this, and I’d need to work at least 25 hours a week in my current job.

What can I do? I’m so confused

Hi there, what age are you? Did you request to be assessed for the maximum amount of funding available to you? Have your sponsor(s) provided their financial information in support of your application? Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending