The Student Room Group

Would you go out with a Muslim girl?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unconventional.
I'm a Muslim married to a non-Muslim man. My parents and siblings are all Muslim and accept him completely as a member of the family. It has been a bumpy road at times but it was practically love at first and now we are intending to start a family together soon. People can think what they like but they have not walked in my shoes, they do not know what is in our hearts, and at the end of the day Islam is essentially a simple religion based upon a belief in monotheism and the after life, and in the final prophecy of Muhammad (pbuh). The more we overthink the more complicated we make things for ourselves (and I am definitely guilty of this).

When you are unsure about something, pray to Allah for guidance and you will find your answer in your heart.

I agree with you. I mean you are still a Muslim (from what I can see) and you still believe in Allah. People always like to over complicate everything. If it doesn't feel right then it's probably not and I don't think that loving someone is wrong.
Original post by black1blade
He would be happy with both probably but I doubt I'll ever become religious.

Your parents are very open minded - good thing. Wish mine were too :sigh:
Original post by Anonymous

Unmarried.

So a romantic relationship outside of marriage is sinful? Even if it results in a marriage? Even if there's no sex?
Would you tell her your views? That you hate Islam.

Yep.
Well, I must say, you've chosen your sins very wisely :lol:

It's hard to say how bad that actually is, though The Prophet did say "paradise is surrounded by hardships and hell-fire is surrounded by temptations", so I'm guessing it'd certainly put someone on the naughty list :tongue:

Unmarried.

woooow! So you just basically said that am going to hell. That actually hurts a little bit, please watch what you're saying. You seem like the type of person who thinks that they do not commit any sins. A girl who dates might be more religious than you. You don't know who I am so don't gets sins for speaking rubbish.
woooow! So you just basically said that am going to hell. That actually hurts a little bit, please watch what you're saying. You seem like the type of person who thinks that they do not commit any sins. A girl who dates might be more religious than you. You don't know who I am so don't gets sins for speaking rubbish.

Pathetic isn't it. You should just come to expect that sort of **** on here, trust me they'd go much easier on you if you were a muslim guy.

Nooo of course I didn't :lol: I was just teasing, sorry :colondollar: Because I'm actually the same, to be honest. And we might go to heaven or we might go to hell - who knows. All I'm basically saying is that we're 'playing with fire' (no pun intended) :tongue:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Yep.

How do I know that he might potentially be like you?

Sounds a bit rude but I don't mean it in a rude way. I wouldn't want to be with someone who hated Islam.
u looking to bang or get married?
Original post by Angry Bird
u looking to bang or get married?

Neither.
My girlfriend's family is Muslim and it's very tough because they expect her to be with i) A Muslim ii) A Kurd, I am neither of those so we're just keeping it quiet from her family. I'm pretty sure if they found out, they'd do things to me.
I'm a Muslim married to a non-Muslim man. My parents and siblings are all Muslim and accept him completely as a member of the family. It has been a bumpy road at times but it was practically love at first and now we are intending to start a family together soon. People can think what they like but they have not walked in my shoes, they do not know what is in our hearts, and at the end of the day Islam is essentially a simple religion based upon a belief in monotheism and the after life, and in the final prophecy of Muhammad (pbuh). The more we overthink the more complicated we make things for ourselves (and I am definitely guilty of this).

When you are unsure about something, pray to Allah for guidance and you will find your answer in your heart.

Did you date him? As in properly, western-society romance dated. Or was it more of a courtship, religious kind-of thing? I hope you don't mind me asking?
You would be required to speak to her father if you wanted to get married to her.

I know about that
Reply 73
Or accept if she asks you out as a non-Muslim guy.

I know similar threads have been made before but just wanted to know.

Oh hellllllllllllll no.

Wow, this has certainly given me some courage and hope.:h: Is your husband religious? How did your family react at first and which obstacles did you have to face?
Lastly, I hope you are very happy!:h:
Reply 75
No. To be religious requires a different way of thinking. I would never click with someone religious.
No.
Or accept if she asks you out as a non-Muslim guy.

I know similar threads have been made before but just wanted to know.

I would first want to know how many brothers you have and how many of them are jobless / career driven. Following that, I would also ask how close you are with your relatives and how often they travel to their native land.

Given this backdrop and your interest in yours truly, I will carefully analyse the situation to give you the answer which will be in the best interest of my health, paranoia and , most importantly, well being.
Would depend how conservative they were, I suppose. Seeing as going out would mean they're chill with dating that's a pretty solid start so I guess I could give it a whirl.
What's your religion?

I'm a Catholic. I don't really know how Catholicism is viewed in Islam, but if she respects my beliefs then I'll respect hers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending