The Student Room Group

Included Non-Taxable Income for last year

Hi,

Hope you'll be able to help. My dad has spoken to student finance, it was unclear to him last year whether he should include non-taxable income on his income declaration, and it turns out he did. He said he couldn't get a clear answer from speaking to different people on the phone but it now turns out that non-taxable income should not have been included and he thinks that including it will have pushed us into the next threshold for student finance. Is it possible to adjust the application for last year as I think my student finance maintenance entitlement should have been higher? Is it possible to correct this?

Thanks
Original post by lw943564
Hi,

Hope you'll be able to help. My dad has spoken to student finance, it was unclear to him last year whether he should include non-taxable income on his income declaration, and it turns out he did. He said he couldn't get a clear answer from speaking to different people on the phone but it now turns out that non-taxable income should not have been included and he thinks that including it will have pushed us into the next threshold for student finance. Is it possible to adjust the application for last year as I think my student finance maintenance entitlement should have been higher? Is it possible to correct this?

Thanks

Hi lw943564,

If your dad included non-taxable income in his figures we would recommend that he complete a new PFF2 form with the correct income details.

This should be sent with a covering letter explaining the reason for submitting the financial details again.

This will enable us to to reassess your application and ensure that you are awarded the correct entitlement.

Thanks,
Stuart
Reply 2
Hi Stuart, thanks for your reponse, just want to clarify that this as for academic year 2016-2017 which obviously the the payments have already been made for. If he resubmits the information and it turns out that my entitlement was lower than it should have been, would student finance pay the difference to me now even though it was a different academic year? Thanks!
Reply 3
Hi Stuart, thanks for your reponse, just want to clarify that this as for academic year 2016-2017 which obviously the the payments have already been made for. If he resubmits the information and it turns out that my entitlement was lower than it should have been, would student finance pay the difference to me now even though it was a different academic year? Thanks!
Original post by lw943564

Hi lw943564

On the information you have provided we would recommend that you complete a new PFF2 form with the correct income/tax year details. This should be sent with a covering letter explaining the reason for submitting the financial details again after end of acdemic year. You should also attach financial evidence to support this so the assessors where the mistake happened.

An application can be reassessed as means tested if the student had originally applied for means-tested funding within 9 months of the start of the AY.

If not originally asked to be meanstested would be eviewed on a case by ccase by case basis by an assessor.

Will be reviewed by an assessor, if entitled to any additional support will be submitted.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending