The Student Room Group

taking a dissolved pill

This is my last day taking the combined pill before having a pill free week. When I was taking my pill, I was taking it in by drinking cold water, really cold water. While drinking it, I felt that the pill was smudging my glass because there's a white smudge on where I drank it and I thought to myself that it already dissolved. I licked the smudge off because I think I have to have every bit of the pill to be clear for the day. So I'm worried, is it okay to take a pill dissolved? It's on accident, I didn't even know it dissolved that quickly. And the cold beverage is Coca cola, I know it's bad to drink it with the pill since I saw that water is the best option.
Original post by sirgroot
This is my last day taking the combined pill before having a pill free week. When I was taking my pill, I was taking it in by drinking cold water, really cold water. While drinking it, I felt that the pill was smudging my glass because there's a white smudge on where I drank it and I thought to myself that it already dissolved. I licked the smudge off because I think I have to have every bit of the pill to be clear for the day. So I'm worried, is it okay to take a pill dissolved? It's on accident, I didn't even know it dissolved that quickly. And the cold beverage is Coca cola, I know it's bad to drink it with the pill since I saw that water is the best option.

Just play it safe and use a condom anyway.
Original post by Friffinghell

I took the pill being like that after having sex with my boyfriend and having him *** inside? Would I still be safe and would I still have the bleeding after all this happened? (For me, period is a safe sign that everything is alright for the month)
Reply 3
Original post by Friffinghell

I took the pill after having my boyfriend *** inside me. Will I still be alright? Will the bleeding come? (For me, having a period after some thing like this is a safe sign for the month) Do I have to get a morning after pill? It causes £22 and because of that I'm reluctant to get it.

I accidentally posted my reply anonymously because I'm on my phone. And does your bleeding mean that you're safe? I always think that because my doctor said that if there's no bleeding, I'm pregnant. .-.
Reply 4

The pill doesn't generally dissolve that fast unless you were just swishing it around for a while. So I wouldn't be surprised if that white smudge was something else.

Either way, you got at least majority of the pill and the pill dissolves in your stomach anyway so it doesn't make a difference if you swallow it whole or chew it or something. Just that if you are taking it mostly dissolved already, it will be absorbed faster into your system.

I wouldn't worry too much. For future reference, the morning after pill at Superdrug is £13.49. If you visit a sexual health clinic, they should also be able to provide it to you for free.

Bleeding is a good indication that you are not pregnant although some people still end up having bleeding while pregnant, sometimes through out the whole pregnancy.

I will say tho that the pill isn't the most reliable contraception when it comes to unprotected sex. With perfect use, 1 in 1000 get pregnant, with regular use (sometimes missing a pill or taking it late) 3 in a 100 get pregnant. While contraception like the implant is more than 99.9% effective meaning less than 1 in 1000 get pregnant.
I took the pill after having my boyfriend *** inside me. Will I still be alright? Will the bleeding come? (For me, having a period after some thing like this is a safe sign for the month) Do I have to get a morning after pill? It causes £22 and because of that I'm reluctant to get it.

I accidentally posted my reply anonymously because I'm on my phone. And does your bleeding mean that you're safe? I always think that because my doctor said that if there's no bleeding, I'm pregnant. .-.

You can still get bleeding when you're pregnant. If you're in doubt then get a test.
You're almost definitely protected anyway. You've probably consumed the whole pill and if not I'm pretty sure in the last week of the pack you should just go straight to the break week if you miss one - you could shorten your break week to 6 days if you're concerned about whether your protection will cover you today.

Quick Reply

Latest