The Student Room Group

How to quit your job before uni

Here's where you can post a comment about our 'How to quit your job before you start uni' article.

Read the full How to quit your job before uni and get tips for quitting a job for the first (or second, or third) time! :biggrin:
Join in the discussion by posting a message below.

Many of you might spot quotes from advice you've given on TSR, thank you all for being so helpful to other members!

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I got featured in an article :awesome:

I did have a job before uni but I just told them I had uni commitments and had to leave, and they understood. It was just part time and wasn't planning on staying on anyway.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by summer1311

Here's where you can post a comment about our 'How to quit your job before you start uni' article.

Read the full How to quit your job before uni and get tips for quitting a job for the first (or second, or third) time!
Join in the discussion by posting a message below.

Many of you might spot quotes from advice you've given on TSR, thank you all for being so helpful to other members!

Spoiler

Thanks very much glad to have been some sort of help :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by jestersnow
Thanks very much glad to have been some sort of help :smile:

Original post by UWS

I did have a job before uni but I just told them I had uni commitments and had to leave, and they understood. It was just part time and wasn't planning on staying on anyway.

Thanks for the advice guys!
Original post by UWS

Oooh me too :h:

Well it's kinda my motto to always leave a job on good terms as you never know what will happen in the future and you may well need to reapply for your job. Also, you cannot have to many shiny references that will give a great account of how professional and awesome you were at your job.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi guys, I'm planning on leaving my part-time before uni (not sure if im going yet, but now is probably the best time) and it's at Sports Direct for a 0 hour contract. Now the article says that for 0 hour contracts you can leave anytime but one of my managers said that I should "ideally" give a 2 week notice. Lawfully, could I leave before the 2 weeks or just after I get paid (I get paid on 1st September)? I've been getting booked in 5 days a week and they need me for the moment due to the busy school time period, but I can't be bothered anymore (due to soooo many reasons)...
Reply 6
Original post by Ze Witcher
Hi guys, I'm planning on leaving my part-time before uni (not sure if im going yet, but now is probably the best time) and it's at Sports Direct for a 0 hour contract. Now the article says that for 0 hour contracts you can leave anytime but one of my managers said that I should "ideally" give a 2 week notice. Lawfully, could I leave before the 2 weeks or just after I get paid (I get paid on 1st September)? I've been getting booked in 5 days a week and they need me for the moment due to the busy school time period, but I can't be bothered anymore (due to soooo many reasons)...

Hello! A zero hour contract means that you are not obliged to accept any work offered, meaning you could just never accept work again, effectively leaving. So legally, you can leave before the two weeks notice is up, although you may want to keep in mind that if you give notice and agree to work a notice period and then do not, your employer may not give you a good reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending