The Student Room Group

University reputation

How is BPP university and robert gordon university viewed by employers and universities ? If someone has a bsc hons degree in management Or accounting from these universities can they easily apply for postgraduate courses anywhere ?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Knowledgeseek1
How is BPP university and robert gordon university viewed by employers and unuversities ? If someone has a bsc hons degree in management Or accounting from these universities can they easily apply for postgraduate courses anywhere ?

The same as any other uni! What matters more is how well you've done, what experience you have and what you've studied. And yes you can apply for postgrad degrees if you meet the entry requirements.
Original post by alleycat393
The same as any other uni! What matters more is how well you've done, what experience you have and what you've studied. And yes you can apply for postgrad degrees if you meet the entry requirements.

Thanks. Would a certification like CIMA part qualified boost my application even if the university i graduated from is not very high ranking like oxford.
(edited 6 years ago)
Thanks. Would a certification like CIMA part qualified boost my application even if the university i graduated from is not very hugh ranking like oxford.

The uni makes no difference. Whether or not the certification does depends on the field and what you want to do. You may want to check that out in further detail and find out where grads end up.
Original post by alleycat393
The uni makes no difference. Whether or not the certification does depends on the field and what you want to do. You may want to check that out in further detail and find out where grads end up.

Oh i see. Do topup hons degrees from these universities have the same value as a regular hons degree
Oh i see. Do topup hons degrees from these universities have the same value as a regular hons degree

Ok we're just going round in circles now. I've already said what I need to to you but it doesn't look like you want to believe it. Good luck!
Reply 6
Dont listen to these people telling you university doesnt matter. Sad truth is it does.you think an employer is gonna pick someone from uel over oxbridge?
Original post by gman999
Dont listen to these people telling you university doesnt matter. Sad truth is it does.you think an employer is gonna pick someone from uel over oxbridge?

I am doubtful thats why i asked. Do you think a certification like cima part qualified can compensate for low ranking university degree if a person has both degree and the certification.
Reply 8
I am doubtful thats why i asked. Do you think a certification like cima part qualified can compensate for low ranking university degree if a person has both degree and the certification.

Yeah cima, aca are excellent qualifications but with it you need work experience. If you manage to get work experience along with ur cima at a reputable firm, then ur sorted!
Original post by gman999
Yeah cima, aca are excellent qualifications but with it you need work experience. If you manage to get work experience along with ur cima at a reputable firm, then ur sorted!

Thank you so much. The other half of my question was about applying for postgraduate studies.Do u think a first degree from a low ranking university but with good grades is going to negatively affect future applications for postgraduate studies at a high ranking institution.
Original post by gman999

This is arguable at best and rubbish at worst. There are so many factors that go into a good job application and your uni makes little to no difference unless you went somewhere terrible in which case your degree is questionable. What are you basing this on anyway? And what do you have to say about the many talented individuals who come from all over the world and unis that people in the U.K. haven't even heard of?

Original post by gman999

Now this is good advice depending on the field and job itself.

Thank you so much. The other half of my question was about applying for postgraduate studies.Do u think a first degree from a low ranking university but with good grades is going to negatively affect future applications for postgraduate studies at a high ranking institution.

As I've said time and time again above no it makes no difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending