The Student Room Group

One failed module...?

Hello community,

I just finished my postgraduate in a famous uk uni and I must admit it went quite well...with one exception.

In the first exam period I failed one module with 44...In the next period I passed all of them and my average (even with the failed 44 module) is 65...

My dissertation is pretty good according to my supervisor and it is probably a merit or a distinction.

My resit however troubles me. I answered almost every question except one, so I lost 12 points from there. In a part that required calculations I might have messed up a bit or maybe not, I can't be too sure...To sum up I am not feeling pretty confident due to the fact that if I fail again...then what?

That is what I wanted to ask, what happens if I fail a resit in one module with a moderate average? Am I shown the way out? Or do I get a half-a$$ed certificate or something like that?
Original post by Klompa123
Hello community,

I just finished my postgraduate in a famous uk uni and I must admit it went quite well...with one exception.

In the first exam period I failed one module with 44...In the next period I passed all of them and my average (even with the failed 44 module) is 65...

My dissertation is pretty good according to my supervisor and it is probably a merit or a distinction.

My resit however troubles me. I answered almost every question except one, so I lost 12 points from there. In a part that required calculations I might have messed up a bit or maybe not, I can't be too sure...To sum up I am not feeling pretty confident due to the fact that if I fail again...then what?

That is what I wanted to ask, what happens if I fail a resit in one module with a moderate average? Am I shown the way out? Or do I get a half-a$$ed certificate or something like that?

Most of the answer will be available in the rules which will be on the website.

It will probably mean it falls in the discretion of the assessment panel. It is unlikely you will complete the degree if you have failed a module.

That then means they may offer you a lesser qualification or ask you to retake the module. If you fail by a small amount they can give you a condoned pass.
I dont think its worth writing more.

Wait and see it will probably not happen and you will pass. GL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending