The Student Room Group

Reapplying for a 3rd time

After dropping out of uni twice already am I entitled to student finance for the duration of my course (tuition fees, maintenance loans and any other grants) if I was to apply again to start again at a brand university
Hi Tayto07,

If you are doing what would be classed as a designated NHS course in a healthcare related subject you would be able to apply for the full funding for the duration of the new course.

If you are doing a different type of course then previous study rules would be used to calculate any future entitlement. Assuming you had two years previous study at higher education level having dropped out twice then we would look at the length of the new course you are looking to do and add on an additional years funding minus your two years previous study.

So for example if you are returning to do a three year degree it would be (3 + 1) - 2) = 2 years full entitlement. This would be applied to the end of your course going forward so you would be able to apply for full funding for the 2nd and 3rd years of a degree but for your first year you would only be eligible for means tested Maintenance Loan (ML) and Supplementary Grants if applicable such as Parents' Learning Allowances (PLA), Childcare Grant (CCG) and Adult Dependants' Grant (ADG).

You would have to fund your own Tuition Fees for the first year unless you have any mitigating circumstances as a reason for why you have dropped out your course previously. If you had any personal or health reasons for this you could apply for Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) and could send in evidence for us to consider.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending