The Student Room Group

Is a women's size 12-14 considered chubby/unattractive?

Well, I am 5'7. Have a bit of both assets (if you know what I'm talking about). The average women's dress/pant size is a 16. So that makes me below I guess. But the way I'm built I have a smaller stomach and thick thighs. I feel so insecure. Still in the process of losing weight but regardless of my weight I seem to have body insecurities and a distorted perception/low self-esteem :frown:.
It is on the bigger side but it doesn't mean guys won't find you attractive as it's not exactly obese. Also, I wouldn't use the UKs average dress size as a benchmark.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Smurf
It is on the bigger side but it doesn't mean guys won't find you attractive as it's not exactly obese. I wouldn't use the UKs average dress size as a benchmark as we are, on average, one of the fattest countries in the world.

I'm actually referring to the US. If that makes a difference I don't think so.
Original post by Anonymous
Well, I am 5'7....The average women's dress/pant size is a 16.

The average woman is 5'3. So, if you consider that, a 16 at 5'3 is gonna be a fair bit bigger than a 14 at 5'7. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
D
Original post by Sabertooth
The average woman is 5'3. So, if you consider that, a 16 at 5'3 is gonna be a fair bit bigger than a 14 at 5'7. :smile:

Don't know where you're getting your stats from but I highly doubt the average woman is 5"3!

Also OP, 12-14 in the US is a 16-18 in the U.K. Beauty comes in many forms so I wouldn't worry at all!! I'm sure you're beautiful ❤️
Original post by -MizzSnazzter-
D

Don't know where you're getting your stats from but I highly doubt the average woman is 5"3!

Also OP, 12-14 in the US is a 16-18 in the U.K. Beauty comes in many forms so I wouldn't worry at all!! I'm sure you're beautiful ❤️

average female height in the UK is 5'4... so that's pretty close to 5'3
It's a fair bit bigger than the norm but no way fat
By the way you describe your build you sound gorgeous - and that your clothes size represents your shape rather than size (in this instance)! I wish I had your thighs mine are like chicken legs atm! 😂
I think it would be very narrow minded for anyone to deem someone as chubby or unattractive just because of their 'size'. Firstly chubby doesn't equal unattractive, and the term chubby is so relative anyway. Although I'm a size 6 - annoyingly huge boobs, a decent ass n very thick thighs - a nice lil puffy tummy- sometimes ppl joke around and call me fat - but ik it's only because of how my body is proportioned. I've grown insecure as I continue to gain weight especially on my thighs - but at the end of the day - Ik I'm gorgeous anyway :smile:
I've realised that if you compare your body type to other ppl you will always find faults with yourself , so just love what you have :smile:
Be your own definition of perfect and attractive
Well, I am 5'7. Have a bit of both assets (if you know what I'm talking about). The average women's dress/pant size is a 16. So that makes me below I guess. But the way I'm built I have a smaller stomach and thick thighs. I feel so insecure. Still in the process of losing weight but regardless of my weight I seem to have body insecurities and a distorted perception/low self-esteem :frown:.

Your Body sounds perfect
I wish I had your height. Everyone has a different body shape. That's what makes us special and attractive. Not everyone likes one particular shape but I can guarantee that some will not find skinny women attractive and will prefer someone with some curves and a larger figure.

Learn to love your shape and find clothes that enhance your body shape.
D

I believe the average height is 5'5 for a woman I believe
I'd consider that chubby
D

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-11534042
(edited 6 years ago)
You have to consider your height. You're 5' 7" so you'll be a little heavier compared to other, shorter women. I'm sure you're fine though.

A friend of mine is 5'9 and a size 16 and she looks amazing, honestly looks as if she is a size 12. she doesn't look fat or thin, just average size. you're in favour as you are tall. sadly in medical terms you will still be classified as 'overweight' but that doesn't mean you will necessarily look it.
D

The average woman IS 5'3.
I think you have an understandably skewed view of reality. Most teens do tbh
clothes sizes aren't a good way to go... I wear a UK 10-12 depending on the cut and I wouldn't say I'm fat... I'm not tall but I am reasonably athletic and reasonably curvy so my stomach is still flat and my legs have shape etc... for a tall girl you can easily get away with a few extra clothes sizes... on the other hand for someone who carries weight on their belly/does no sport they start to look chubby at a much smaller size
Reply 17

sounds fine to me so yes it's to do with your ideas on body shape
Reply 18
Original post by yungaheartz
A friend of mine is 5'9 and a size 16 and she looks amazing, honestly looks as if she is a size 12. she doesn't look fat or thin, just average size. you're in favour as you are tall. sadly in medical terms you will still be classified as 'overweight' but that doesn't mean you will necessarily look it.

hey in medical terms we're all overweight

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending