The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Absence

Hi

I need to take 2 days off mid October for a wedding. Its a Friday so need to travel there on the day before . Who do I advise and how do I go about catching up on the missed lectures etc. Its a pain but the flights etc have been booked before I was even offered a place. I'd rather not miss Uni so soon after starting but family pressure means they want me there.
Original post by kaz67
Hi

I need to take 2 days off mid October for a wedding. Its a Friday so need to travel there on the day before . Who do I advise and how do I go about catching up on the missed lectures etc. Its a pain but the flights etc have been booked before I was even offered a place. I'd rather not miss Uni so soon after starting but family pressure means they want me there.

Ask a friend to record the lectures you'll miss and catch up when your back
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by kaz67
Hi

Hi @kaz67,

This shouldn't be a problem at all, don't worry :smile:

For each of the lectures you'll be missing, ask if the material will be available on SurreyLearn (our online learning portal) and if it isn't then you can just get a photocopy of someone's notes. With regards to letting people know, just send an email to the lecturer saying that you are attending a family wedding and will not be in class, but have arranged to get the material covered from a friend.

Hope this helps and enjoy the wedding!:troll:

All the best,
Ashley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending