The Student Room Group

Advice about Friends,Depression and Homesickness

So I am at Uni and during that time over the last few days I made some friends. We went out drinking and usually im a nice friendly drunk and im friendly when im sober but apparently I was quite a **** to one of my friends. I've apologized but seems are still a bit frosty between the others. One of my 'friends' is saying im not a nice person and ill always be last relationships wise and my depression isn't helping and im also feeling homesick away from my mum and my brothers. i dont know what to do but I dont want to face my 'friend'.

For the record the mean thing was I said you can zip up now while talking to my friend who was trying to compare things as a joke and she misinterpreted it as me talking about how she was dressed even though I explained the phrase, as well as this the others wont say how I was a **** so I am confused here.

Can someone help?
Original post by WannabeA*
So I am at Uni and during that time over the last few days I made some friends. We went out drinking and usually im a nice friendly drunk and im friendly when im sober but apparently I was quite a **** to one of my friends. I've apologized but seems are still a bit frosty between the others. One of my 'friends' is saying im not a nice person and ill always be last relationships wise and my depression isn't helping and im also feeling homesick away from my mum and my brothers. i dont know what to do but I dont want to face my 'friend'.

For the record the mean thing was I said you can zip up now while talking to my friend who was trying to compare things as a joke and she misinterpreted it as me talking about how she was dressed even though I explained the phrase, as well as this the others wont say how I was a **** so I am confused here.

Can someone help?

Someone who is sober and someone who is drunk act completely different. If your 'friend' is saying that you are not very 'nice' because of how you acted when under the influence of alcohol, then they are not very 'smart' for taking what someone who is drunk says seriously. As for the fact that they are saying 'you will come last relationship wise', then they are simply being rude. You are not there to 'wait first in line to see who gets to spend time with them at what hour and who is last pick in the group'. I wouldn't feel bad about it because you are not in the wrong, that's not how a good friend should react. I've had it before when a friend of mine got so drunk at prom that she started laughing her head off and attracted all sorts of negative attention to both herself, and me because I was with her. I even had to lead her to her parents' car because she started wandering off in the night. Turns out she didn't even remember half the stuff she did and she never reacts like that when sober so we had nothing to argue about. The hangover you got afterwards was more than enough punishment for anything you did whilst not in control of your own body. Plus you didn't commit any crime, didn't assault anyone, you just said a couple of words that maybe you should not have. Considering that and the fact that you were under the influence of alcohol, your friends should really know better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending