The Student Room Group

What's wrong with my hair?

I've had problems with my hair for years, it started out with me having a full fringe and I hated it, so I grew it. My fringe is longer than my shoulders now, so it should look okay at this length but it doesn't and it still doesn't blend in or look right next to the rest of my hair because it's really thin and just awkward. I've tried everything to get it to look normal like getting layers, but it just hangs off my forehead.

I also have really awkward damaged hair at the corners of my forehead because I used to wear really tight ponytails and half a can of hairspray. which just makes my fringe look even more awkward. I feel like no matter how long my hair grows it'll always look weird or awkward.

I feel like if I didn't have the damaged hair, my fringe would look fine but whenever I dry my hair, the damaged hairs go into a cows lick on both sides and my fringe joins in.

I've tried growing my hair and it never works. I even tried the inversion method and that didn't work. Everybody always says "it's because you straighten your hair" but the thing is, I HAVE to straighten it, because of the damaged hairs. I can't walk around with a cows lick on each side of my head.

If I plat my hair, does that damage it? If I plat it on either side then I won't have to straighten it , but I just need to know if that's damaging to already broken hairs.

Could stress be the reason my hair isn't growing? The rest of my hair grows except my fringe. I'm always stressed and anxious and have been for years, and if that's the reason my hair isn't growing then there's no hope because I can't do anything about my anxiety now.
Original post by Ilgsmwamh
I've had problems with my hair for years, it started out with me having a full fringe and I hated it, so I grew it. My fringe is longer than my shoulders now, so it should look okay at this length but it doesn't and it still doesn't blend in or look right next to the rest of my hair because it's really thin and just awkward. I've tried everything to get it to look normal like getting layers, but it just hangs off my forehead.

I also have really awkward damaged hair at the corners of my forehead because I used to wear really tight ponytails and half a can of hairspray. which just makes my fringe look even more awkward. I feel like no matter how long my hair grows it'll always look weird or awkward.

I feel like if I didn't have the damaged hair, my fringe would look fine but whenever I dry my hair, the damaged hairs go into a cows lick on both sides and my fringe joins in.

I've tried growing my hair and it never works. I even tried the inversion method and that didn't work. Everybody always says "it's because you straighten your hair" but the thing is, I HAVE to straighten it, because of the damaged hairs. I can't walk around with a cows lick on each side of my head.

If I plat my hair, does that damage it? If I plat it on either side then I won't have to straighten it , but I just need to know if that's damaging to already broken hairs.

Could stress be the reason my hair isn't growing? The rest of my hair grows except my fringe. I'm always stressed and anxious and have been for years, and if that's the reason my hair isn't growing then there's no hope because I can't do anything about my anxiety now.

I would advise talking to your doctor/GP and your hairdresser/stylist and maybe they can help you and give you more suitable resolutions and options

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending