The Student Room Group

Physically ill after being cheated on

During my relationship I was at my happiest and unhappiest. After being cheated on after everything me and him went through I'm now ill of a viral infection I feel like absolute crap. I keep crying because of the breakup but I'm also ill and I don't want to end up fainting or my body shutting down because it can't take the stress upon illness, I know you can't stop yourself from feeling a certain way but what do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
try to distract yourself if possible - watch funny films/shows/vids on youtube. Talk to friends who are positive people in general
get your **** together and forget about that asswipe , he dosen't deserve you
Reply 3
Emotions and mental wellbeing do a have a link to physical illness. Try to take care of yourself as you normally would, drink plenty, get medicine, eat healthy foods. Try to surround yourself with some positivity as well, put all your favourite movies and songs on, spend time with friends or family if you can. Just try to get through this :smile:
Reply 4
Don't trust men
Just get on with your life. If you have a lot free time fill it with a film or sports. You should do things that concetrate you. I personally cannot think of anything other than badminton when i play it.
Has happened to me before as well...all I can say is it gets better. Try to distract yourself as others have said. :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Yaboi
Don't trust men

Are all men the same ?
Original post by Anonymous
Are all men the same ?

We're not all the same just some guys are *******s.
Reply 9
We're not all the same just some guys are *******s.

Yeah.... never trusted anyone for 26 years trusted him and he cheated.
During my relationship I was at my happiest and unhappiest. After being cheated on after everything me and him went through I'm now ill of a viral infection I feel like absolute crap. I keep crying because of the breakup but I'm also ill and I don't want to end up fainting or my body shutting down because it can't take the stress upon illness, I know you can't stop yourself from feeling a certain way but what do I do?

Bruv, he's the one who cheated,he's the scumbag, he doesn't deserve to make you feel like ****.

You a young queen get your **** together and prove that he made the mistake of his life, thats what I did and looking back on it is the best thing that happened to me
go with your friends on a night out, get drunk and forget about him (after you get better so its something to look forward to)
Original post by bluemadhatter
go with your friends on a night out, get drunk and forget about him (after you get better so its something to look forward to)

True however getting drunk isn't me I don't want to turn into something I'm not because I'm hurt.
True however getting drunk isn't me I don't want to turn into something I'm not because I'm hurt.

okay thats alright, maybe just arrange something like going out to eat or watching a movie?
Reply 14
Are all men the same ?

For the most part yh
Original post by djballer
your going to die because of what he did mke sure he knows and all men are pigs never trust any of them all of them want to hurt women because they believe they are all dominant ad all powerful

I'm going to die?
All men are the same.
Forget about him.
If what you say is true then you have a little sympathy.

Reading two of your posts in this thread though i get the smell of deception, that your that person with the black and white avatar and a name starting with C.
Let me assure you that not all men are the same, and women are just as likely to cheat. Don't rare all men with the same brush.

I'm sorry this has happened OP. Try to keep busy.
Start watching 'Rick and Morty' that show is funny af x

Quick Reply