The Student Room Group

Worried about my life. Please advise

Basically I am now 24 years old man (well I'm not too sure if I am a man still) who literally has no friends, no job, never had a girlfriend, and just literally bored of life.

I think I am really immature, I mean how many 24 year olds have never had a girlfriend in their life yet alone kissed one! I'm lonely as **** and started drinking and smoking weed after I graduated from university.

I know people tell me not to compare myself to others but REAL TALK how are you supposed to know where you stand in life???

Got LOTS of HATERS and I just don't know what to do in life.
I don't think there is a point where you really know where you stand in life. At every point, you can never be sure if you are doing the right thing. A lot of people feel like that, even those who you think have got it sussed. What you want to do is strive to get to a place where you are happy - even if you still don't know where you are in life.

Firstly, I would stop drinking and weed, as I don't think it is helping you. You say you are bored of life - do you have any interests or ambitions you want to achieve? What steps do you need to take to get there (work experience or further study?)

Don't listen to people who are negative to you, only what you think matters. Just concentrate on yourself and making yourself happy, rather than trying to please people.
You need goals

Start with getting a job
I am 22 years old and in the same position..

life has treated us very badly
I agree, set yourself some goals. A job seems like a pretty good place to start. Maybe get on Tinder too? I know a lot of people look down on Tinder relationships but who cares! "LOTS of HATERS" - I won't presume to know anything about your life, but from experience, people rarely hate on somebody for absolutely no reason at all. Certainly not "LOTS" of people anyway.
Reply 5
Original post by Hirsty97
You need goals

Start with getting a job

Yeah I think I know that I need goals AND YES I will start with getting a job - as I have been doing over the last month or so.
Reply 6
Original post by study beats

Might be unfair to say that life has treated us unfairly - more like I kind of regret the decisions I have made in life and taking everything TOO SERIOUSLY when I was younger.

I put GETTING A FIRST CLASS DEGREE ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE. In hindsight, I think that has backfired in terms of me living a social life
Reply 7
Original post by TheMathsTeacher
I agree, set yourself some goals. A job seems like a pretty good place to start. Maybe get on Tinder too? I know a lot of people look down on Tinder relationships but who cares! "LOTS of HATERS" - I won't presume to know anything about your life, but from experience, people rarely hate on somebody for absolutely no reason at all. Certainly not "LOTS" of people anyway.

Yeah I have set some SMART GOALS and working on getting a job. I've had a few interviews as of late so hopefully fingers crossed I get something real soon.

Yeah I'm gonna jump on the Tinder game once I get a job - ain't no girl wanna go out with an unemployed man

I think I am overreacting about haters but I know I have some.
Original post by study beats

It may have, but don't use that as a victim card - it doesn't mean yo can't get out of that funk.

You got this.
Reply 9
Original post by cheesecakelove
I don't think there is a point where you really know where you stand in life. At every point, you can never be sure if you are doing the right thing. A lot of people feel like that, even those who you think have got it sussed. What you want to do is strive to get to a place where you are happy - even if you still don't know where you are in life.

Firstly, I would stop drinking and weed, as I don't think it is helping you. You say you are bored of life - do you have any interests or ambitions you want to achieve? What steps do you need to take to get there (work experience or further study?)

Don't listen to people who are negative to you, only what you think matters. Just concentrate on yourself and making yourself happy, rather than trying to please people.

Thanks for the advice, means a lot.

I know for a fact that if I had a girlfriend in life, I would be more positive about life so that is a goal I want to achieve. Never had a girl in my life so I want to start by getting one
1. no fap - imo the best thing you could do rn
2. cut out the alcohol, weed, junk food, video games, any dopamine activities
3. join a gym
4. check out youtubers based zeus - the best dating/life coach youtuber out there srs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpdJnbJwxTQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrMZuVGl9tM&t=1s
, eric thomas, elliot hulse, alpha m, les brown, rsd tyler, flocka tv, ifinite waters, tony robbins
5. read some books proper books for men not novels my favourite books are power of now, models attract women with honesty, subtle art of not giving a f, how to be ****ing awesome or beginniers guide for being awesome, solution to social axnety
6. sort out cv
7. join all the temp agencies.
8. volunteer in the meantime - age uk tailor a placement towards u for instance
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ha7er
Yeah I have set some SMART GOALS and working on getting a job. I've had a few interviews as of late so hopefully fingers crossed I get something real soon.

Yeah I'm gonna jump on the Tinder game once I get a job - ain't no girl wanna go out with an unemployed man

I think I am overreacting about haters but I know I have some.

Good on you! Good luck with it all, persistence is key. With a job I mean. If a girl isn't interested, by all means have another go, but know when to move on ahah.

Also, everyone has haters. It's life. Let them hate, you just carry on doing you and make the best for yourself :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending