The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QE2
So what are you saying? That followers of The Religion of Peace™ are likely to get violent with anyone who says otherwise? I know that joke has been around for a while, but it never gets old!

Look at the attacks on mosques and then think about what you comment next. Or are you not aware of what happened in New Zealand?
Do you feel cool or funny making fun of peoples religion? It's incredibly depressing that THIS is what you get your kicks out of. I pity you.
Original post by QE2
I have done this and apparently, it isn't!

**it research, mate. Do you want me to send you some links? :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by the_icy_goldfish
LOL you would so NOT say it in real life XD you're ridiculous.

But again, I would and have said this in real life. I should know what I've said in my life, not you. But since we're here making baseless accusations about the lives of people we've never met, then I can also claim that you'd never say what you're writing here in person either :smile:

And the reason people react not-so-peacefully is because they don't do anything wrong,

But in real life people don't just go up to other people and start dissecting their faith. We're on here, a discussion board, which is the perfect and most appropriate place to do it. And even if people did do it in real life, it still would not justify any type of violent outburst.

then people like you come and **** all over their religion for no reason.

As above, this generally doesn't happen in real life because random people on the street usually have no experience with debating nor any desire to have a conversation with a stranger about the finer points of their faith.

You're right, it's not your problem, it Muslims and that sucks for them. And you say "our own"? Are YOU Muslim? If you are referring to Islam then that's hilarious because it is the least nasty faith there is... Eid Mubarak btw (that's the equivalent of your Christmas)

Nonsense. Islam is one of the most backwards, primitive, violent and brutal religions in the world right now. Plenty of faiths are much more peaceful and pleasant than Islam, with Buddhism and Jainism to name just two.

I can't be annoyed or angry at you because now I realize what an ignorant person you are, and actually, now it makes me laugh.

Ignorant has an actual meaning you know, and shouldn't be used as a generic insult. You haven't shown anywhere that I'm ignorant on Islamic doctrine, you're just upset that I don't like Islam, which isn't the same thing :wink:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 43
It's clear that you've barely looked into Islam. Yes, submission to Allah is a part of the religion, and 'Islamic supremacy' as you say it is not true. Yes, any religion wants to spread, and it depends on many things about how it should be spread in Islam. You don't account for how Muslims are split on opinion in many things including fundamental aspects to the religion. It's far more complicated than people can comprehend in just a day of research for example.
Note that there are five pillars of Islam as a simple fact, by the way.
Now, as a Muslim I do not claim nor support the saying that Islam or any religion for that matter is a 'religion of peace'. I'm not delusional.
Original post by QE2
Islam is essentially about two things - submission to Allah and Islamic supremacy.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
But again, I would and have said this in real life. I should know what I've said in my life, not you. But since we're here making baseless accusations about the lives of people we've never met, then I can also claim that you'd never say what you're writing here in person either :smile:

fair point, you might, however i actually HAVE in real life , so i guess you were wrong.

But in real life people don't just go up to other people and start dissecting their faith. We're on here, a discussion board, which is the perfect and most appropriate place to do it. And even if people did do it in real life, it still would not justify any type of violent outburst.

- people do, and its rude. Also the key work is "discussion" NOT "aggression" which is exactly what youre displaying. And im not saying any violence is justified.

As above, this generally doesn't happen in real life because random people on the street usually have no experience with debating nor any desire to have a conversation with a stranger about the finer points of their faith.

- yes it does, maybe you just see it because you choose not to

Nonsense. Islam is one of the backwards, primitive, violent and brutal religions in the world right now. Plenty of faiths are much more peaceful and pleasant than Islam, with Buddhism and Jainism to name just two.

thats an incredible offensive thing to say or are you so stupid that you cant see that? Its not backwards at all and maybe your doing your research from hundereds of years ago but nowardays are different, so maybe stop living under a rock.

Ignorant has an actual meaning you know, and shouldn't be used as a generic insult if you don't want to look foolish. You haven't shown anywhere that I'm ignorant on Islamic doctrine, you're just salty and bitter that I don't like Islam, which isn't the same thing :wink:

yeah, i know its meaning, which is why i used it. that kind of how words work , you know? I dont care wether you like islam or not, i dont want you being offensive to it because thats plain rude.
thats so true
Original post by aa-k
It's clear that you've barely looked into Islam. Yes, submission to Allah is a part of the religion, and 'Islamic supremacy' as you say it is not true. Yes, any religion wants to spread, and it depends on many things about how it should be spread in Islam. You don't account for how Muslims are split on opinion in many things including fundamental aspects to the religion. It's far more complicated than people can comprehend in just a day of research for example.
Now, as a Muslim I do not claim nor support the saying that Islam or any religion for that matter is a 'religion of peace'. I'm not delusional.
Original post by the_icy_goldfish
fair point, you might, however i actually HAVE in real life , so i guess you were wrong.

As have I, making you wrong :smile:

- people do, and its rude. Also the key work is "discussion" NOT "aggression" which is exactly what youre displaying. And im not saying any violence is justified.

Criticism of ideologies is perfectly legal and OK, coming under freedom of speech. No one has the right not to be offended. And it's not aggression, I'm not physically violent with anyone, I just choose to call out Islam for what it is, simple.

- yes it does, maybe you just see it because you choose not to

It clearly doesn't and you know it. Since when do people, in any meaningful number, just stop to have in-depth conversations with strangers about religion on the street..?

thats an incredible offensive thing to say or are you so stupid that you cant see that? Its not backwards at all and maybe your doing your research from hundereds of years ago but nowardays are different, so maybe stop living under a rock.

I repeat, I am free to insult an ideology in any way I choose, you don't have the right to not be offended. You'll notice that while you've been harping on about offensiveness that it's only you who's been personally attacking me, and not the other way round. Ideas are fair game, people are not.

Islam is claimed to be the perfect ideology for all time, therefore all of its moral standards must apply today as much as they did back then. This timeless perfection of the Quran is one of the most fundamental tenets of Islam so I would be very shocked indeed if you denied it.

yeah, i know its meaning, which is why i used it. that kind of how words work , you know?

Well then I'm afraid you used it incorrectly.

I dont care wether you like islam or not, i dont want you being offensive to it because thats plain rude.

Says the person who has been insulting me (a person), while I have only been insulting ideas. You might want to fix that hypocrisy.
(edited 4 years ago)
For what reason would you say the religion of Allah is not one of peace? Allah is as-Salaam and his religion couldn't possibly be one with defects. Islam encourages peace by exposing mischief on our earth for what it really is.
Original post by aa-k
With currently around 1.6 billion believers and being one of the most rapidly growing religions, no-one is bitter about your posts I can assure you that :rofl:
Cleary got enough people that adore the religion :rofl:
Ignorant has an actual meaning you know, and shouldn't be used as a generic insult if you don't want to look foolish. You haven't shown anywhere that I'm ignorant on Islamic doctrine, you're just salty and bitter that I don't like Islam, which isn't the same thing :wink:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by -Quava-
With currently around 1.6 believers and being one of the most rapidly growing religion, no-one is bitter about your posts I can assure you that :rofl:

Numbers are totally irrelevant to the argument, as they are not at all an indication of truth. Your own faith requires you to believe that near Judgement Day there will be virtually no Muslims left on Earth!

Also, there are more than 1.6 Muslims in the world :wink:
Right so you don't believe Islam is the indication of truth- fair enough.
But now facts are not an indication of truth :rofl: lmaoooooo

I hadn't finished editing my post yet, you were to eager to reply :wink:
Numbers are totally irrelevant to the argument, as they are not at all an indication of truth. Your own faith requires you to believe that near Judgement Day there will be virtually no Muslims left on Earth!

Original post by -Quava-
Right so you don't believe Islam is the indication of truth- fair enough.
But now facts are not an indication of truth :rofl: lmaoooooo

What are you on about? Which facts?
Reply 52
There are certainly elements of peace within Islam, but it's not really a religion of peace. I see it more as improving one's self to become a better person in general, which is a form of Jihad. Another form of Jihad is physical where you aim to defend or spread the religion using means of religious war and/or violence. Of course, this type of Jihad has to be fully justified, but accepting war in any sense for example is not peaceful. There are also elements of Shariah which aren't very peaceful, such as the death penalty for apostasy.
Original post by 95000
For what reason would you say the religion of Allah is not one of peace? Allah is as-Salaam and his religion couldn't possibly be one with defects. Islam encourages peace by exposing mischief on our earth for what it really is.
You said my figures were not an indication of truth :rofl:
How is the fact that there are 1.6bn Muslims (also being the fastest growing) not an indication of truth? Clearly, it's a fact- so clearly the fact is true.
Annnnddd absolutely adore how you say on other threads how much you disagree with Islam, how much it can't be proven; lol I pulled out facts and figures for you and you came back with verses from the quraan to tell me my fact is wrong and to tell me facts are not an indication of truth but what the quraan says is when you've been debating for so many years on TSR with muslims against Islam lmao :rofl:

What are you on about? Which facts?
Reply 54
Exactly. It questions the incentive to spread the religion in the first place, I think. The prophecy also says that the believers (Muslims) will be mocked like they are goats for example. From what I remember, around that time the Dajjal will be on Earth.

I love how this turned from an 'asking for advice' thread to a 'Islam debate' thread.
Answering OP:
Personally no one should force you to be a Muslim if you don't want to, Islam itself states that you should respect non-Muslims regardless (I'm a Muslim myself :wink: ) So your parents cant force you to do anything against your will.If you don't want to be a Muslim you don't have to be a Muslim.

and to all those people arguing on the religion - take it somewhere else -_-
Original post by PepeTheFroggi
I love how this turned from an 'asking for advice' thread to a 'Islam debate' thread.
Answering OP:
Personally no one should force you to be a Muslim if you don't want to, Islam itself states that you should respect non-Muslims regardless (I'm a Muslim myself :wink: ) So your parents cant force you to do anything against your will.If you don't want to be a Muslim you don't have to be a Muslim.

and to all those people arguing on the religion - take it somewhere else -_-

I don't think she's been active for a year or so.
I think someones mistakenly revived the thread.
Original post by -Quava-
I don't think she's been active for a year or so.
I think someones mistakenly revived the thread.

lol, whoops
Original post by -Quava-
You said my figures were not an indication of truth :rofl:
How is the fact that there are 1.6bn Muslims (also being the fastest growing) not an indication of truth? Clearly, it's a fact- so clearly the fact is true.
Annnnddd absolutely adore how you say on other threads how much you disagree with Islam, how much it can't be proven; lol I pulled out facts and figures for you and you came back with verses from the quraan to tell me my fact is wrong and to tell me facts are not an indication of truth but what the quraan says is when you've been debating for so many years on TSR with muslims against Islam lmao :rofl:

I don't think you understood what I meant by "numbers aren't an indication of truth". I'm saying that the numbers an ideology has doesn't make that ideology true. I was not at all disputing the number of Muslims that exist...
I have been following through with you're 'amazing' debate skills for quite a while. I must say, by my standards they are quite poor with lack of logic, maturity and coherence :smile:
And because of these lack of skills, I tend not to understand what you're saying.

I never once said Islam is true because of the numbers as I'll prove to you, I quote;
"With currently around 1.6 billion believers and being one of the most rapidly growing religions, no-one is bitter about your posts I can assure you that"
which was right after you fought your argument so maturely and eloquently with another when you said; "You haven't shown anywhere that I'm ignorant on Islamic doctrine, you're just salty and bitter that I don't like Islam, which isn't the same thing."

So, how about I give you some constructive criticism and advise that you read and process and understand what people are writing in order to argue in a more mature and logical way to stop you looking foolish in the future :rofl:

And don't manipulate peoples words and deceive them in to thinking they said something when if you could scroll and inch or two further you could find one actually said something totally different and it is that laziness and lack of argumentative skills which makes you consistently look foolish :smile:

What? I just said that numbers don't indicate truth, i.e. just because Islam has a high number of followers doesn't mean Islam is true. By that lazy argument Christianity is truer than Islam as it has more followers and as there are more non-Muslims than Muslims, that also means Islam isn't true. It also means that when Islam was an early religion with few followers that it wasn't true, which is obviously something you won't agree with. It's only growing due to birth rates, not conversions :wink:

I have absolutely no idea what you're on about, where have you showed facts and figures that Islam is true? :rofl2:

Latest

Trending

Trending