The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kraggor
I'm sure you can't be that much of a mess from the wind :biggrin:

Glad to hear you got all your files back! Tech is pretty amazing and these days it's very hard to just remove something permanently :smile:

Amazing! I'm really bad at giving directions xD I'm just so bad with names of places and judging distances haha so really well done for doing a good job :h:

Also I hope that parcel you "chucked" in the window wasn't fragile :rofl:

You are a nice person! super super nice :redface:
And self doubt I believe alot of us always have, I get it alot in work sometimes but we can work on it and especially with the right people around :u:
And never think anyone wants you to go away because that's just nonsense:hugs:

Aww glad you have a wonderful well being person to let everything out to, always feels so good to get something off your chest or in my case have a little cry :colondollar:

Hope you have a fantastic day, Cavy!:cube:

Thank you for being so lovely kraggor, you are amazing :bear:
:loveduck: x

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
YAY for getting your files back! And nice job with those directing skills - I have no sense of direction or where things are in relation to each other :colondollar:

Hope you have a nice nap. We don't want you to go away! Though of course if you ever need a break from the blog due to things feeling too much, that's understandable. But generally speaking, we don't want you going away :nah:

EDIT: Also sorry I'm being a bit **** at writing in responses to your blog posts, just not doing too well myself atm :colondollar:

Thank you tlg :hugs: and aw please dont say that :redface: you are not **** and i never expect any replies tbh so when i get one it's always a nice surprise :cube:

-----------------
Sigh. Am nervous for tomorrow. Not about the blood test have had them before and tbh have had worse happen at this point but am nervous for the ECG cos dont want to take my shirt off :/ feel too self conscious. Must remember to wear a button up shirt so i can just unbutton it. Am also worried about getting there on time. The people in my group are also stressing me out tbh meh :frown:
have showered so that's something
Original post by CoolCavy

Thank you tlg :hugs: and aw please dont say that :redface: you are not **** and i never expect any replies tbh so when i get one it's always a nice surprise :cube:

-----------------
Sigh. Am nervous for tomorrow. Not about the blood test have had them before and tbh have had worse happen at this point but am nervous for the ECG cos dont want to take my shirt off :/ feel too self conscious. Must remember to wear a button up shirt so i can just unbutton it. Am also worried about getting there on time. The people in my group are also stressing me out tbh meh :frown:

Awh sorry to hear that you're nervous. :frown: :console:

Hope it all goes smoothly tomorrow, so proud of how you manage to do all of this. :cube:
EDIT: Also sorry I'm being a bit **** at writing in responses to your blog posts, just not doing too well myself atm :colondollar:
:console:
Why is it so windy today :s-smilie:

^ a picture of me walking back from uni

23/01/17
What I'm grateful for today
AHHHHHHHH ALLL MY FILES GOT RESTORED :woo: went to see the ICT man and he said before i even said anything 'are some of your files missing?' and 'i said yes all of them :frown:' so he logged on and got them all back, apparently was cos they updated the system or something. Am so pleased :smile:

A random act of kindness I've done
Whilst i was in town this random person from the south (accent) came up to me asking for waterstones, if there is a waterstones here i've never seen it so i directed her to WHSmith instead. Am well proud of my directing skills. When i got back there was also a parcel in the porch for the house next door so i chucked it through their window cos it wouldn't fit through the letterbox

A random act of kindness someone has done for me
Nightline again, they said i seemed a nice person :cry2:

Something I could improve on
Don't know just having a lot of self doubt atm tbh. Think am not good enough and that people just want me to go away

What I've achieved today/Things I did well
Crawled out of bed and went to tutorial, remembered the USB stick with the presentation on.

What I've done to look after my mental health
Saw the wellbeing person. Dumped all the stuff that i am stressed about on her at about 100 miles an hour so she was just like 'Cavy wait a moment let's break this all down'. Feel a little better for it. Plus i like her a lot she is my favourite out of all the professionals

Something I have to look forward to
Am going to have a sleep

thanks reue :sad: ily :loveduck:

followed your advice and got it fixed :colondollar: thanks MR :hugs:
and they are :frown: but feel like they didnt really know what i was like when they picked me and now they are wishing they never did
tbh thursdays knacker me more :frown:
hope you are ok :cube:

huge hugs to you too darkforest :jumphug::jumphug:
Glad you got technology to work for you.:rave: Some ICT people are really nice and others aren't (no people skills:grumble:). Just like all the TSR tech people are love, even if it's sooo slow.:pcguru:

I'd say going to see them is something you've achieved.:yep: It's not easy to approach people you don't know and ask for help, especially when you need something from them.:smile:

Glad wellbeing person is nice and you got to offload stuff too.:biggrin:

Hope you're sleep is alright.:heart:
Why is it so windy today :s-smilie:

^ a picture of me walking back from uni

23/01/17
AHHHHHHHH ALLL MY FILES GOT RESTORED :woo: went to see the ICT man and he said before i even said anything 'are some of your files missing?' and 'i said yes all of them :frown:' so he logged on and got them all back, apparently was cos they updated the system or something. Am so pleased :smile:

Whilst i was in town this random person from the south (accent) came up to me asking for waterstones, if there is a waterstones here i've never seen it so i directed her to WHSmith instead. Am well proud of my directing skills. When i got back there was also a parcel in the porch for the house next door so i chucked it through their window cos it wouldn't fit through the letterbox

Nightline again, they said i seemed a nice person :cry2:

Don't know just having a lot of self doubt atm tbh. Think am not good enough and that people just want me to go away

Crawled out of bed and went to tutorial, remembered the USB stick with the presentation on.

Saw the wellbeing person. Dumped all the stuff that i am stressed about on her at about 100 miles an hour so she was just like 'Cavy wait a moment let's break this all down'. Feel a little better for it. Plus i like her a lot she is my favourite out of all the professionals

Am going to have a sleep

thanks reue :sad: ily :loveduck:

followed your advice and got it fixed :colondollar: thanks MR :hugs:
and they are :frown: but feel like they didnt really know what i was like when they picked me and now they are wishing they never did
tbh thursdays knacker me more :frown:
hope you are ok :cube:

huge hugs to you too darkforest :jumphug::jumphug:

techno 0 - 1 the Cavster :colone:
:jumphug: ly Cavsicle <3
:heart: Karma eh?

-----------------

Good luck for today, am around if you need to vent to someone or something.
Original post by darkforest
Awh sorry to hear that you're nervous. :frown: :console:

Hope it all goes smoothly tomorrow, so proud of how you manage to do all of this. :cube:

:hugs:
thank you mozart <3 tbh sometimes idk either :redface: think on thursday im gonna have to bail on the group thing. Am run ragged and its like 4 miles away and just no.

Original post by 04MR17
Glad you got technology to work for you.:rave: Some ICT people are really nice and others aren't (no people skills:grumble:). Just like all the TSR tech people are love, even if it's sooo slow.:pcguru:

I'd say going to see them is something you've achieved.:yep: It's not easy to approach people you don't know and ask for help, especially when you need something from them.:smile:

Glad wellbeing person is nice and you got to offload stuff too.:biggrin:

Hope you're sleep is alright.:heart:

true :colondollar: and yes all praise the green people :adore: :tongue:
Thanks MR :hugs:
yeh she is really nice and she remembers stuff as well so that's always helpful, not like my old school counsellor jesus :rolleyes:
and so do i tbh :redface: last night was pretty nasty, then even the none nasty stuff (i.e seeing my parent in the room) was not even nice cos reached out to try to hug them whilst half asleep and they weren't there :sad:
hope you have a good sleep MR and wake up ready to go-go :wink:

Original post by Pathway
Good luck for today, am around if you need to vent to someone or something.

Thanks pathway :hugs: hope you are ok x
true :colondollar: and yes all praise the green people :adore: :tongue:
Thanks MR :hugs:
yeh she is really nice and she remembers stuff as well so that's always helpful, not like my old school counsellor jesus :rolleyes:
and so do i tbh :redface: last night was pretty nasty, then even the none nasty stuff (i.e seeing my parent in the room) was not even nice cos reached out to try to hug them whilst half asleep and they weren't there :sad:
hope you have a good sleep MR and wake up ready to go-go :wink:
I'll try Cavy.:hugs:

Still awake now (voluntarily) for moral support. Having a lie in tomorrow though.:u:

As for working in a group/a team. I've done a fair bit of that over the last few years. Never assume what anyone else thinks.:wink:
Original post by 04MR17
I'll try Cavy.:hugs:

Still awake now (voluntarily) for moral support. Having a lie in tomorrow though.:u:

As for working in a group/a team. I've done a fair bit of that over the last few years. Never assume what anyone else thinks.:wink:

Good :hugs:
and awww you are cute :tongue: tbh out of everything i just dont want anything else wrong, like if something is wrong with my thyroid or my heart then fgs. Tbh this isnt even gonna work cos last time almost had a heart attack when my blood pressure was taken and then it skewed the results so how is it even gonna work especially after i've run two miles to get there. Sorry will stop thought splurging
and lucky :eek: do you not have uni tomorrow?
and idk :/ feel like a spare part tbh, they could do this project quite easily without me
Good :hugs:
and awww you are cute :tongue: tbh out of everything i just dont want anything else wrong, like if something is wrong with my thyroid or my heart then fgs. Tbh this isnt even gonna work cos last time almost had a heart attack when my blood pressure was taken and then it skewed the results so how is it even gonna work especially after i've run two miles to get there. Sorry will stop thought splurging
and lucky :eek: do you not have uni tomorrow?
and idk :/ feel like a spare part tbh, they could do this project quite easily without me
Splurge all you like, it's good to let it out of the system.:yep:

You're probably best explaining to the blood pressure people about the journey and about what happened last time if you can so that they can put the numbers into context.:wink:

Wednesdays off.:hide:

They could, but it probably wouldn't be as good, and at the end of the day you all need a mark somehow.:tongue:
Original post by 04MR17
Splurge all you like, it's good to let it out of the system.:yep:

You're probably best explaining to the blood pressure people about the journey and about what happened last time if you can so that they can put the numbers into context.:wink:

Wednesdays off.:hide:

They could, but it probably wouldn't be as good, and at the end of the day you all need a mark somehow.:tongue:

guess :/ just dont want to be a burden
and is the ECG people, idk how ECG works but obviously my heart is going to beat at 106bpm again like it does when im having anxiety but will forwarn them
and that is handy :hugs:
and idk, idk how to explain it. Is like am not in 'there' like seeing through glass so dont feel part of the group. Am like that with people inrl feel not present half the time. Maybe is what psychiatrist meant, but if think about that again will just get upset. Can march come already then can put this whole thing and the doubt surrounding it to bed. Will know either way then :/
sorry :/
guess :/ just dont want to be a burden
and is the ECG people, idk how ECG works but obviously my heart is going to beat at 106bpm again like it does when im having anxiety but will forwarn them
and that is handy :hugs:
and idk, idk how to explain it. Is like am not in 'there' like seeing through glass so dont feel part of the group. Am like that with people inrl feel not present half the time. Maybe is what psychiatrist meant, but if think about that again will just get upset. Can march come already then can put this whole thing and the doubt surrounding it to bed. Will know either way then :/
sorry :/
You have nothing to apologise for.:nah:

You explained it very clearly there. It's as though you're distracted by your own thoughts, which are going on simultaneously while you're trying to communicate and engage. And because part of your brain is holding you back, you feel like there's a gap, a distance between you and the others? Tell me if I'm wrong and I'm rambling, I'm just trying to work out if I've felt loosely similar things myself.:smile:
Am knackered. Was 6 miles in total in torrential rain :/

24/01/17
Am in bed

Said sorry to someone even though they were the one that rammed into me but still

Blood nurse was lovely, she gave me a tissue for my glasses cos were covered in rain.

Don't know

Went to the doctors. Blood test was straightforward as it always is although for some reason always takes them ages to find my veins. Apparently mine are well hidden so there we go. Happily they did the appointment on time otherwise would have made me late for the hospital. After the doctors navigated to the hospital using the map on my phone. When i got there i got lost (how many bloody entrances does once place need lol) but someone directed me to cardiology so that was helpful. Tbh i really really hate hospitals because have spent too much time visiting people in them and just all memories but still. Got called in for the ECG and became thankful that i remembered to wear a button up shirt cos could just unbutton it. Wasn't the best experience of my life just cos am awkward at the best of times and also cos though they just stuck them to your chest but turns out not :/ just said to the doctor 'depression' and she understood and didnt say anything else about it. She didn't remark on my yeti-ness either which was my original worry. She did however say i was ruining her readings by being too tense so could i please relax ('think of a beach' why does every doctor ever say that :rofl: it never works). Was over quickly after that. I have no idea what the printout results mean but i mean it looks like a heart beating so at least ik im alive. Apparently will be sent to the GP. After that walked home (bless the downhills) and went to lidl although i forgot the UHT milk which was the reason i went in the first place but got jam and tinned peaches and stuff.

Am going to say i cant go to this group thing tomorrow. Am knackered and have tried my best to do everything but that is one thing too many.

My sandwich am hungry. Also random but the guy who used to live here and moved out (the one who took and then returned my pans :tongue: ) came back cos apparently he is showing some girl round who wants to move in here (why? :lol:) and when he saw me he gave me a massive hug and was so happy to see me and i was happy to him he is really nice to me.
Am knackered. Was 6 miles in total in torrential rain :/

24/01/17
Am in bed

Said sorry to someone even though they were the one that rammed into me but still

Blood nurse was lovely, she gave me a tissue for my glasses cos were covered in rain.

Don't know

Went to the doctors. Blood test was straightforward as it always is although for some reason always takes them ages to find my veins. Apparently mine are well hidden so there we go. Happily they did the appointment on time otherwise would have made me late for the hospital. After the doctors navigated to the hospital using the map on my phone. When i got there i got lost (how many bloody entrances does once place need lol) but someone directed me to cardiology so that was helpful. Tbh i really really hate hospitals because have spent too much time visiting people in them and just all memories but still. Got called in for the ECG and became thankful that i remembered to wear a button up shirt cos could just unbutton it. Wasn't the best experience of my life just cos am awkward at the best of times and also cos though they just stuck them to your chest but turns out not :/ just said to the doctor 'depression' and she understood and didnt say anything else about it. She didn't remark on my yeti-ness either which was my original worry. She did however say i was ruining her readings by being too tense so could i please relax ('think of a beach' why does every doctor ever say that :rofl: it never works). Was over quickly after that. I have no idea what the printout results mean but i mean it looks like a heart beating so at least ik im alive. Apparently will be sent to the GP. After that walked home (bless the downhills) and went to lidl although i forgot the UHT milk which was the reason i went in the first place but got jam and tinned peaches and stuff.

Am going to say i cant go to this group thing tomorrow. Am knackered and have tried my best to do everything but that is one thing too many.

My sandwich am hungry. Also random but the guy who used to live here and moved out (the one who took and then returned my pans :tongue: ) came back cos apparently he is showing some girl round who wants to move in here (why? :lol:) and when he saw me he gave me a massive hug and was so happy to see me and i was happy to him he is really nice to me.

Sorry to hear you also got battered by the storm :redface: Never a good way to start the day :no:

You're always so kind to people and I'm glad some like the nurse can give you back the respect you deserve:h:
Are you okay with blood tests? Alot of my family members are terrified of them (I'm fine with needles/syringes though)
:u:
I always find hosptials quite dull and grim but maybe like you visited alot of ill family members there and the time it reminds me of is when my mum had thyroid cancer so I don't really like to go to one if I dont have to :sad:

Also why do they beaches are relaxing? I find it irritating with all the sand getting on me :s-smilie:

Enjoy a rest from it:smile:, I'm exhausted too atm (and sorry if I don't reply to a post or reply late it's usually due to my overwhelming schedule atm but I always read :colondollar:)

I could really do with a sarnie rn, luckily Im about to leave work and make my way home to a dinner hopefully:yep:
Aww that's so nice of him to give you some love :love: you deserve lots of it :hugs:
Always good to see people being extra nice to the ones that deserve it
:u:

Hope you have a good evening:cube:
Don't want to talk about today/last night tbh.

:console: Always here Cavy :love:

:penguinhug:

Saw one of the people that live here (not in my house though) in town. She said 'i love that shirt' THAnk YoU :gah: i'm glad someone appreciates a good flannel shirt when they see it. I love flannel tbh, is like the happy medium between a cotton shirt and a t shirt, is soft like a t shirt but has the smartness of a shirt and is warm.

:five: I have a few flannel shirts. I wear them for work on cold days and they were a godsend in hospital when I wasn't allowed my hoody. :colondollar:

ROCK THAT FLANNEL! :headbang:

Sorry. :getmecoat:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by darkforest
:console: Always here Cavy :love:

:penguinhug:

Original post by Sabertooth
:five: I have a few flannel shirts. I wear them for work on cold days and they were a godsend in hospital when I wasn't allowed my hoody. :colondollar:

ROCK THAT FLANNEL! :headbang:

Sorry. :getmecoat:

Thanks guys :frown: :hugs: dont know wy am struggling. Tonight IAPT person forced me (she was very passive aggressive) to let her phone me tomorrow to check im 'safe' not that ik why they are bothered have only been there 3 weeks, cos i ignored their calls all week for that reason because i dont think they are genuine unlike my doctor. Was going to make an emergency appointment tomorrow at the doctors but seeing her on monday anyway :/
sorry that was probably overshare for some hug emojis :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending