The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wow Gus is an adventurous polar bear - glad to hear he is looking after you.

Hope your neck eases tomorrow - I would take a pain killer tonight so you don't tense up or wear a scarf in bed.

Sending positive thoughts :smile:
So impressed by Gus's gym going prowess ( and yours of course!). Glad your housemates are keeping an eye on you, people really do care.

What a lovely thing to do, buying Haribo. I love the fact that no matter what is going on, you worry about other people.

Hugs as always to you, Gus and the wolf :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
Feel ridiculously groggy. Is so hard to function. 'These will probably make you feel floppy and tired' no kidding. Although is kind of hard to be unstable when feel this tired so that's something. Feel a bit more normal.

03/03/18
What I'm grateful for today
Don't know really

A random act of kindness I've done
Texted my parent best wishes about something

A random act of kindness someone has done for me
@Matrix123 's lovely personal rep :hugs:

Something I could improve on
Doing work

What I've achieved today/Things I did well
Nothing really. Woke up about 7am then went back to sleep again. Kept having hypnagogic jerks which was a bit annoying but yeh. Woke up did some of the se software tutorials we have to do for one of the modules and wrote like one sentence on my report before i got tired again. DId some clothes washing in the bath and showered. Was about it

What I've done to look after my mental health
Dont know taking these 5 pills a day

Something I have to look forward to
Being asleep

Original post by Lemur14
600 calories per hour still seems like a lot! Proud of you for going out in the snow :yep: (I have hidden indoors since it started :laugh:) And that was lovely of you to buy them haribo I'm sure they appreciated it:smile:
:grouphugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by 04MR17
I always love notifications from in here. My fave blog:hugs: (no offence to you other bloggers out there:redface:).

I'm enjoying the adventures of Gus not gonna lie.:love:

Try not to compare yourself to the dude next to you in the rower. Are bodies are all different, and they're meant to be otherwise humanity would be boring af

Original post by Muttley79
Wow Gus is an adventurous polar bear - glad to hear he is looking after you.

Hope your neck eases tomorrow - I would take a pain killer tonight so you don't tense up or wear a scarf in bed.

Sending positive thoughts :smile:

Original post by rhiannon277
So impressed by Gus's gym going prowess ( and yours of course!). Glad your housemates are keeping an eye on you, people really do care.

What a lovely thing to do, buying Haribo. I love the fact that no matter what is going on, you worry about other people.

Hugs as always to you, Gus and the wolf :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

thank you guys :hugs: sorry for never giving extensive replies am just exhausted :redface: but always appreciate your responses :cube:
How is your neck Cavy?

Don't worry about not replying individually, you have more important things to focus on. I'm always please you even quote me

Hope Gis and wolf are looking after you :smile:
How is your neck Cavy?

Don't worry about not replying individually, you have more important things to focus on. I'm always please you even quote me

Hope Gis and wolf are looking after you :smile:

It is a lot better thank you :hugs: still a bit sore but took ibuprofen last night for period cramps and think rowing yesterday helped to loosen it a bit
Thank you for being so lovely I hope you are well yourself and taking care :cube:
Glad you're feeling a bit more normal :hugs:
Aw Cavy, I’m so sorry for not getting round to messaging you sooner! :console: Life has been really intense, I hope you’re a bit better today :hugs:

That all sounds very traumatic. You’re also incredibly brave for even sharing it, I don’t even like thinking about my past experiences.

Sorry to hear that the APs are so sedative. Hopefully it doesn’t impact on your ability to function properly as then it’s not ideal for your quality of life :frown:

If there’s anything at all you need/want/have to ask, I’m a PM away :hugs::cube::love:
Original post by CoolCavy
Thank you guys :hugs: sorry for never giving extensive replies am just exhausted :redface: but always appreciate your responses :cube:
That's alright Cav. It's always nice to get a notification in here, even if the response isn't extensive or your day has been a bit rubbishy, because it means you're sharing these parts of your life. And personally, I think sharing is always good.
It is a lot better thank you still a bit sore but took ibuprofen last night for period cramps and think rowing yesterday helped to loosen it a bit
Thank you for being so lovely I hope you are well yourself and taking care :cube:

Sore or stiff necks are horrible so good to hear that it is improving. Yes, I'm good thanks, snow is gradually going.

Take care :hugs:
I feel so weird. It's really foggy today outside which is the perfect representation for the inside of my head. Feel sedated.

04/03/18
My parent. Told them got put on a new drug (not the entire thing about the other night, am keeping that to myself thanks, only drip feed them stuff cos dont want to worry them) and they asked how i was getting on with that and stuff. Appreciate that

I did something but i've forgtoten what it was now

Messaged my group mate saying that i was really sorry but because of stuff (he knows some of it, one of two people in my class that do) i dont think i could take on the work for monday. He said that was absolutely fine and that him and the other guy would handle it and that they would do anything to help if i was struggling which i appreciate as im behind on litererally everything in life.

functioning

Have nearly finsihed my report, has taken me so long as can't think of the words im trying to write. Will probably have to read over it when im more awake as some of it probably doesnt make sense.This is the hardest bit cos is about internal mechanisms and stuff and **** me if i know anything about that.

Dont know, slept with my wolf last night

Dont know, just heard a knocking on the door really loud downstairs cos must have been a parcel or something but nearly **** myself.

Original post by darkforest
Aw Cavy, I’m so sorry for not getting round to messaging you sooner! :console: Life has been really intense, I hope you’re a bit better today :hugs:

That all sounds very traumatic. You’re also incredibly brave for even sharing it, I don’t even like thinking about my past experiences.

Sorry to hear that the APs are so sedative. Hopefully it doesn’t impact on your ability to function properly as then it’s not ideal for your quality of life :frown:

If there’s anything at all you need/want/have to ask, I’m a PM away :hugs::cube::love:

a, so sorry for not replying to your personal rep :frown: totally forgot you sent it am sorry :frown: thank you for being so lovely to me, ik you understand all the things i talk about and appreciate that , you are amazing and i hope you are as well as possible :cube:

Original post by Lemur14
Glad you're feeling a bit more normal :hugs:

Original post by 04MR17
That's alright Cav. It's always nice to get a notification in here, even if the response isn't extensive or your day has been a bit rubbishy, because it means you're sharing these parts of your life. And personally, I think sharing is always good.

Sore or stiff necks are horrible so good to hear that it is improving. Yes, I'm good thanks, snow is gradually going.

Take care :hugs:

THank you guys :grouphugs: x
x

:jumphug:
Sorry I haven't been messaging too much, it's been very stressful with revision and all... still is really haha :tongue:
Glad you've got some lovely people like your group mates there and it's great you're still doing this blog and taking care of your MH :heart: :hugs:
Am just grumpy today. Am just tired and annoyed that the tiredness wont go away. I slept through the entire night for the first time in ages but still dream. Keep dreaming of ****ing school. At some point before may i need to go back to school to collect all of my work that is on display. I have quite a lot on display so **** knows how im gonna transport it all back but basically i need to go and get it so my dreams keep revolving around that but with other horrible stuff happening. Yay.

05/03/18
I guess that i can see. My eyesight is *****y hence the glasses but at least i can see well with glasses. There was some blind lady crossing the traffic lights and it was amazing she like put her ear to the traffic light button box thing and knew if it was green or not. Pretty admirable.

Gave a homeless guy 50p cos had no haribo.

The guy at the gym picked up my comb and returned it to me

Not being pissed off

Idk why i went outside today tbh. Needed milk and bread and stuff and thought that going outside would make me feel better. It didnt tbh. Walked to the gym via primark. Finally found some knee high socks and some shorts for a good price (£4). Socks are bit translucent but meh whatever, shorts are so much cooler than trousers and then i dont have to walk back all the way home in sweaty trousers cos i can just put the sweaty shorts in my bag and put my normal trousers back on. Did rowing for 20 minutes and cycling for 20 minutes, did some stupid weight things (i can lift 30lb :rofl: tbf i could probably lift more but would injure my back and my back already has issues) then some calf weight things then went home via lidl.
Everything was going fine until i was taking my stuff from the till to the little shelves to pack it in my rucksack and some woman cut right infront of me so i stopped but my pasta sauce didnt and it flew in a graceful arc to the ground and smashed everywhere :borat: a great thing to happen to a socially awkward little bean like me. She didnt even apologise :angry: and i wasted 80p :colonhash:
Went home via the doctors to weigh myself and am only 0.3kg lighter than the days ago i did it last :/ meh am disappointed

Taking these pills. Makes me want to cry that im taking 5 pills a day just to be normal but meh

Showering cos forgot yesterday and am so greasy

Original post by Matrix123
:jumphug:
Sorry I haven't been messaging too much, it's been very stressful with revision and all... still is really haha :tongue:
Glad you've got some lovely people like your group mates there and it's great you're still doing this blog and taking care of your MH :heart: :hugs:

Dont apologise :nah: you are the best :hugs: hope you are well matrix :loveduck:
Could you ask your parent to help with transporting your work from school? It sounds like you need a car to get it all back home. Btw, your work must be amazing if you have so much on display :smile:

Sorry you felt grumpy today, but you still helped people, so well done.

Sending lots of postive thoughts :hugs:
Well done for getting all that done :hugs: You're doing so well!
Have blisters on my hands from stupid rowing.

06/03/18
A podcast that i listen to reguarly. They are each an hour long and is loads of them and they are just nice background noise

Gave a homeless woman £1. I need to stop giving money to homeless people cos i have like no money myself

The lady in the queue in aldi said i could go in front of her and called me lovely

Everything everyone does is just annoying me atm

Didn't have tutorial until 2:15 in my group of 3 (3 including me) so worked some more on this ****ing report. Realised the bulb i had chosen would probably blind the user so had to change all that. Urgh. Then at 1:45 walked down to uni. Tutor was late by 15 minutes so started at 2:30. Tutorial was fine i guess. Was more concentrating on the massive headache i had and the fact someone was knocking upstairs and that was aggravating.
Tutor wanted to speak with me and asked me to stay behind. He wanted a catch up and stuff and asked how i was doing. Said not very well and told him the stuff that had happened recently. He was just trying to convince me that i was a worthwhile person basically so that was appreciated.
Decided to walk to the gym and because it's me nothing can ever be simple. Was at the traffic lights minding my own ****ing business and these women with a buggy were like 'SCUUUSSEE ME' so i was confused cos there was a massive pavement to the side of me, they could have just walked around me like a normal person and stood there. They tried to ram their buggy into me and started screaming at me about what i was doing and i was like im waiting for the traffic lights to go green like wtf. They could easily get past and i wasnt going to walk into the road it was on red. Then they started swearing at me and laughing at me and saying that i looked like a man. Then they walked across the road (around me like they could have done in the first place) while it was still red and kept looking back and laughing at me. Am so glad that you could pick on someone who already felt **** and has non-existent self esteem just for your 5 minutes of pleasure. Cheers for that. Am now going to have more intrusive thoughts about my appearance :borat:
Cried when they had gone cos im sensitive. Already felt sensitive from talking to my tutor and they made it worse. Am just a joke to everyone. Everyone thinks im weird and abnormal.

Then decided to go to the stupid gym so went and did 20 mins of rowing 20 mins of cycling and like 10 minutes on each stupid weight thing. Turns out i can lift 40lb wow who knew.

Dont know dont care

Nothing. My life is literally wake up take pill do uni work go to uni go to the gym or the doctors or whatever, go to aldi, come home, take more pills, sleep and have nightmares. Oh yeh and last nights nightmares were just great. Fantastic.

Could you ask your parent to help with transporting your work from school? It sounds like you need a car to get it all back home. Btw, your work must be amazing if you have so much on display :smile:

Sorry you felt grumpy today, but you still helped people, so well done.

Sending lots of postive thoughts :hugs:

my parent doesnt have a car but i asked them last night when they rang and they said they would help me carry it on the bus :colondollar:
and i would hope so :redface: tbh am proud of that work but feel like i cant reach that standard again :redface:
sending positive thoughts to you as well :hugs:

Original post by Lemur14
Well done for getting all that done :hugs: You're doing so well!

:hugs:

Dont apologise :nah: you are the best :hugs: hope you are well matrix :loveduck:

Aw it's great that you managed to sleep the whole night without waking up or anything! :h:
It's also very nice of you to give that 50p away to the homeless man :yy:
As for the tablets thing, it's better that you're doing something than just neglecting how you feel adn your MH so I wouldn't say it's anything to feel bad about :hugs:

Aww Cavy, you're super awesome :biggrin: :hugs:
I wasn't feeling that great yesterday but it might be the stress getting to me big time. I'm a bit better today though so I'm just hoping things will continue that way :smile:
I hope you've had a good day :heart:
Congrats on your TSR nominations Cavy :smile:

I'm sure your work is still amazing and forget those mums as they are probably fed-up with their kids - they need to behave like the adults they are supposed to be.

Cavy - you are valued by lots of us on here - Sending positives thoughts.

Wolf and Gus will look after you
(edited 6 years ago)
Those women sound ridiculous... Why would you walk across a road (even more so with a buggy and presumably a child) when the lights are red.
Sounds like you coped with them very well :hugs:
Well done for continuing with the gym, you're doing amazing :lovehug: Even 10 minutes exhausts me and you're doing many times that!
You're not a joke to us :nah: Congrats on this blog being nominated for a TSR award :yep:

:hugs:

Uni was cancelled today cos the university was closed cos of snow. Was so glad about that. Didn't really have it in me to go tbh. Slept really heavily from the APs i think and was just exhausted anyway. Woke up still in the night cos of dreams but fell back asleep again quickly. Got out of bed about 1pm and cleaned my room up, did my dishes, hoovered and stuff and looks better now. Need to do my washing but meh can wait.
Went out about 5pm, walked down to lidl and brought some cereal and bananas and stuff. Then went to the gym cos thought should probably go. Rowed for 30 minutes which killed 300 calories apparently and was 5000something miles. The dude next to me was doing like 1200 calories p/hr and then there was me with my 600 calories per hour lol but still. Then cycled for like 5 minutes but was getting period pain so stopped. Brought Gus along for moral support. He gets around a bit does Gus, be it in the woods, in the back of a police car, in a hospital or in the gym.

30 minutes is amazing! Go you! :five: Btw, if you're on the heavier side you'll probably have burned more calories than it says because the concept 2 rowers are programmed for average weight individuals. Have you thought about doing HIIT on the rowing machine? (high intensity interval training) You would burn more calories in a shorter amount of time. Basically it involves doing average to low intensity rowing then doing as fast and hard as you can and switching between the two. I usually do a 3 minute warm up then alternate 30seconds hard and fast and then 1 minute low to average. I do this until I'm exhausted and then have a 3 minute low intensity warm down.

ETA: just read about the blisters. That happened to me too so I got some padded gloves from TJMaxx for $4. Makes a world of difference. I can't get my wedding ring off so it was cutting into my blister. Might be worth having a look into for you?
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending