The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Still heard nothing re Cancer Genomics. That email sounded as though the offers had all been sent out. Is anyone else still waiting to find out?
Anyone else in Birmingham? I got an offer for Respiratory!
Just accepted my offer for audiology at Manchester, my first choice! Just thought I'd thank you guys cos I've been lurking on here for ages throughout the application period, and it's been really handy.

Anyone who didn't get a place this year or looking to apply in the next round, feel free to message me and I'll try to help where I can.

Anyone in my audiology cohort too, message me so we can chat!
Original post by BHeat
Still heard nothing re Cancer Genomics. That email sounded as though the offers had all been sent out. Is anyone else still waiting to find out?

I thought the same thing so I phoned them and they said they haven't worked through cancer genomics offers yet. They said hopefully they should be out by the end of today. The wait is like a torture!
Original post by HCee
I’ve accepted offer for Cardiac at Papworth -absolutely delighted 😁 well done to everyone!

Ive just accepted my offer for cardiac at papworth too, I’ll be seeing you in September 😊🎉
Original post by tusiek
I thought the same thing so I phoned them and they said they haven't worked through cancer genomics offers yet. They said hopefully they should be out by the end of today. The wait is like a torture!

Thanks for the info! Fingers crossed for the end of the day, the wait is driving me crazy!
Hmm question about upgrades, can anyone help?
I've received an offer for Biochem for a location that was in my 'no preference' section. I've held the offer for now, with upgrades. Will I only get other offers from the locations I've ranked or might I get offers from others in the 'no preference' section?

It turns out there's some of my unranked locations that I would prefer over others - should have ranked everything really!
I've accepted an offer for respiratory and sleep at oxford, does anyone know when our offers will become unconditional or when we find out more?
Reply 1548
Original post by tusiek

Thank you so much for that. On holiday at the minute and just can't relax. I feel like I've lost the first half of the week to waiting!
Reply 1549
Original post by Daniella_C
I've received an offer for Biochem for a location that was in my 'no preference' section. I've held the offer for now, with upgrades. Will I only get other offers from the locations I've ranked or might I get offers from others in the 'no preference' section?

It turns out there's some of my unranked locations that I would prefer over others - should have ranked everything really!

Which location did they assign if you dont mind me asking? - I've been offered a place in Haematology, but I'm on the reserves for biochem, which I was hoping to get into, particularly at Wolverhampton.

As per your question, I think they'll prioritise your preferences, however if any other posts do become available they would be offered to you.
Accepted Cardiac in Manchester! Anyone else on here?

If you go to your upgrade preferences section (where your original preferences selection was on the application page) you can choose which ones you would accept an upgrade from and which you wouldn't.
Reply 1552

As far as I understand, you can change your preferences. See here
http://www.nshcs.hee.nhs.uk/join-programme/nhs-scientist-training-programme/how-to-manage-your-offer
"You can change your upgrade options to allow a post/programme that was originally ranked lower than an offered post, to become an upgrade option. You can state which of your sub-preferences you would like to be considered for an upgrade. The upgrade options are completely configurable by the you. You can opt out of upgrades at any point."
Original post by Elizabeth110
Has anybody who was made a reserve been offered a place yet? or do you think they will wait until the 48 hours is up and recycle all the outstanding offers at the same time?
I haven't heard anything yet
I have a status of interview complete and received an email titled APPOINTABLE BUT ON WAITING LIST - POTENTIAL RESERVE 2018. Does anyone have any advice for what this means?

My understanding is that this means that we will only be made an offer if someone drops out, but when I called them they seemed to suggest that it means we are still being considered for our lower ranking preferences and could receive an offer without someone dropping out?

If anyone has any Neurophysiology news, please let me know!
Woo I got an ophthalmology offer for GOSH, any other vision people out there?:smile:
Are there any H&I offer holders who will be with NHSBT? I was wondering if anyone know how/when we will hear about our locations?
I sent an email today but Im not expecting a reply for quite awhile as I imagine they are extremely busy atm.
Anyone else from the neurophysiology cohort? Would love to hear from you, just accepted my place at Southampton and couldn't be happier!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 1558
Original post by bambs24
Ive just accepted my offer for cardiac at papworth too, I’ll be seeing you in September 😊🎉

Brilliant! Congratulations - looking forward to meeting you in September 😁
Reply 1559
Original post by Chakula
YAY!! Congratulations to you as well!! Are you local to the area or will you be moving? just realised I have to learn how to drive now that I wont be in London haha

I live about an hour away but will be moving! Yes driving will definitely be useful!!

Latest

Trending

Trending