The Student Room Group

How to get over failing driving test

Failed my first driving test a few days back for something I hardly ever do, I was at a roundabout and thought a car was going off at the exit before so I took that as an opportunity to go but the car didn’t get off at the exit and kept coming round resulting in the examiner having to dual control me which I knew at that moment was an instant fail. I keep going over it in my mind and it just brings me down every time cause if I had just waited a few more seconds to have definitely seen if that car was getting off at the previous exit I would’ve passed so now I have to wait until January to resit which also means I’ll have to sit the new test. Does anyone have any tips or advice or similar stories? Thanks!
The best way to get over failing your driving test is to go out for a nice relaxing drive...oh wait....nevermind. :biggrin:
Original post by J1718
Failed my first driving test a few days back for something I hardly ever do, I was at a roundabout and thought a car was going off at the exit before so I took that as an opportunity to go but the car didn’t get off at the exit and kept coming round resulting in the examiner having to dual control me which I knew at that moment was an instant fail. I keep going over it in my mind and it just brings me down every time cause if I had just waited a few more seconds to have definitely seen if that car was getting off at the previous exit I would’ve passed so now I have to wait until January to resit which also means I’ll have to sit the new test. Does anyone have any tips or advice or similar stories? Thanks!

Don't worry about the fact that it's a new test. It's not "harder" per se. You'll do more independent driving and use a satnav which isn't that hard at all. You also wont be asked to reverse around a corner.

Just keep practising until you're driving without even thinking about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending