The Student Room Group

Does it sound like he doesn't want me to stay?

There is a guy I've been friends with for a couple of years. We were FWB on and off the whole time ,but he just one day out of the blue decided that it wasn't a good idea anymore. He is still single and says he isn't looking for anything with anyone.

We are still friends; I decided that I didn't want to throw away the friendship after 2 years and that we had got on well.

Anyway, he lives about 3 hours away from me. He moved there a couple of months ago, and I haven't seen him yet but I said I'd go and see him ,before he changed his mind about the whole FWB, but i'd still like to go.

I said I could even go just for the day, but either I'd spend £180 on trains in a day, or I'd go with a carshare and end up doing 6 hours' travelling to spend about 5-6 hours there, and it doesn't seem worth it.

I guess I can't really stay at his anymore, and that's fine.I told him about me getting a hotel and that I wouldn't ask to stay at his as I'm sure he didn't want anything to happen etc.

He told me that his room was 9m2 and that he had a single bed ,but that it was up to me. I told him no don't worry, I'll stay at a hotel etc.

It seems silly paying £40 for a hotel when I could crash at his just for one night. I'd even have slept on the floor and wouldn't have tried anything. I think if he really wanted me to stay there he'd have asked me, even if he doesn't have much space. But I guess it's his choice, and I understand.

I don't know how big 9m2 really is and if he's really telling the truth or just doesn't feel comfortable about me staying. What would others do in thiss ituation? Thanks
I feel like he doesn't even want to see you, leave the staying at his place thing alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending