The Student Room Group

Tesco's Job Interview

Hi
I have a job interview at Tescos on Saturday and I'm not too sure what to wear or what to expect! It's a group interview to work as a sales assistant. Has anyone done an interview for Tesco and can tell me a bit about it and what to wear?
Thank you!
Hello, I have a group interview at Tesco this morning, I'm really nervous as its my first formal interview (even though I've previously had a job). I'm going to wear a black body con dress and a casual blazer because I thought its better to slightly overdress then under dress! Ill let you know what its like when I get back.
Had my group interview today and it really isn’t much to worry about! I’m glad I dressed smart though as everyone was wearing black trousers, smart shoes and shirts. First I had to sign in and was taken into the staff eating area and offered a drink etc while we waited for the previous group to finish, 3 of us were then taken off the observe people on the checkouts for around 15-20 minuets while the other 2 had their 1-1s. We then switched and each of us went off with a management staff. The man who took mine was really friendly and made it feel quite relaxed which calmed my nerves! He then asked me 5 ‘tell me a time when questions’ luckily I had done my research and had previously read 4 out of the 5 questions online so I was able to answer them without to much hesitation, I then had to fill out a few forms including the availability one, this all took around 20/25 mins. We then finished by doing a team building exercise which only lasted 5 mins and again was very relaxed! Over all I was there for just under an hour and a half, hopefully I get the job and I hope this helps!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Chels.s01
Had my group interview today and it really isn’t much to worry about! I’m glad I dress smart though as everyone was wearing black trousers, smart shoes and shirts. First I had to sign in and was taken into the staff eating area and offered a drink etc while we waited for the previous group to finish, 3 of us were then taken off the observe people on the checkouts for around 15-20 minuets while the other 2 had their 1-1s. We then switch and each of us went off with a management staff. The man who took mine was really friendly and made it feel quite relaxed which calmed my nerves! He then asked me 5 ‘tell me a time when questions’ luckily I had done my research and had previously read 4 out of the 5 questions online so I was able to answer them without to much hesitation, I then had to fill out a few forms including the availability one, this all took around 20/25 mins. When them finished by doing a team building exercise which only lasted 5 mins and again was very relaxed! Over all I was there for just under an hour and a half, hopefully I get the job and I hope this helps!

Thank you! That's a great help. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending