The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
Ooh tricky one.:s-smilie: For GCSE probably something like Cousin Kate?:dontknow: Can't really remember back to year 10:redface:
A Level was definitely Geoffrey Chaucer though:rofl: that was enjoyable.

I think that's because we were liking Tommy too much. He's not a nice man at the end of the day.:nope:

Similar with Polly, she isn't trustworthy at all.

Yes I love Alfie, "you'll have to circumcise them" :rofl:

i'm hoping to do a-level english, if my grades are good :biggrin:
i quite like ada, probably the only female i like wholly.
and i suppose no woman can resist tommy's good looks, seeing that constant stream of women.
well, the finale is something to look forward to next week; better be good!
Original post by troubletracking
Hey, December birthday buddies:biggrin: Mine's the 24th:wink:

oh my goodness, chriatmas eve?! please tell me you get separate presents!!
Original post by entertainmyfaith
oh my goodness, chriatmas eve?! please tell me you get separate presents!!

Aha yeah, I do, though I often tell my friends to just get me one for both:redface:
Aha yeah, I do, though I often tell my friends to just get me one for both:redface:

blooming heck, you're too nice. tbh, i would say the same thing bc sometimes it's easier; but then again, you get less presents. do you usually celebrate your birthday on the 24th, then the day after, christmas?

friday 15th december 2017
what i'm listening to right now: blackbear - i hope your whole life sux
10 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS YESSS

school schedule:
english
english
break
biology
lunch
maths
geography
geography

i actually love fridays! probably my favourite day. today was christmas jumper day but seeing as i don't have any i just came in with a grumpy cat top :smile: [yes, super festive]
i wore ripped jeans which probably wasn't the best idea considering it's super icy and cold out there. thankfully, i didn't slip but i had cold knees. oh well, those jeans are nice so i'm gonna wear them.
absolutely dreading my next set of mocks, they're straight after christmas holidays so as per usual we don't get much of a break.

english:
was quite hard today; i attempted a poetry comparison question. it asked us to compare the effects of war on individuals in the poem 'remains' and one other poem. i picked poppies, which went alright at first, then i hesitated for about ten minutes before putting anything down. though i do think the lesson was overall quite rewarding despite being difficult. i would hate to write poetry, but analysing it's quite good once you get properly into it. our english teacher wore this pretty sick christmas jumper where he could press a button and the light would start flashing?! he seemed quite proud of it so

biology:
t'was alright, a bit of a drag but we just learnt about biodiversity.

maths:
went over the rest of one of our mock papers; which i only got a 6 on ):

geography:
my class is so bloody noisy so it takes so long to do work which is annoying as i quite like geography. we're doing hurricanes, cyclones and typhoons right now- learnt mainly about hurricanes.

i gave in my oxfam volunteering form today, so i'll see how long it takes to get a reply.

tonight, i've already:
ate my dinner
cleaned out my rabbit's litter tray
worked out
had a shower

tonight, i need to:
wash the dishes
complete maths revision
go through the poem exposure, make notes on it
catch up with shane dawson

tags: @troubletracking

Spoiler

hello:smile:
we had a really similar question in our lit mock (yes it was lit lit as well as literature lit:biggrin:) about remains woo. I guess you're doing power and conflict poetry? Which one's your fave? I quite like war photographer (though we only did half a period on it in class!)
Your mocks are very soon after Christmas, I think mine are in February but tbh I have no clue!
Good luck with this year, I really hope you make it to where you want to be in the future!
Also I'm an August baby:tongue: and feel free to tag me in your posts:redface:
blooming heck, you're too nice. tbh, i would say the same thing bc sometimes it's easier; but then again, you get less presents. do you usually celebrate your birthday on the 24th, then the day after, christmas?

Everyone's skint by December anyway so I'm not too fussed about presents, and it's just easier for them, though a few get me both:smile:
Yeah, I celebrate one right after the other. I've never found this too weird though because I've never known it any other way, but it made it so much more exciting when I was younger:biggrin:
December birthdays ftw:tongue:
Original post by Toastiekid
hello:smile:
we had a really similar question in our lit mock (yes it was lit lit as well as literature lit:biggrin:) about remains woo. I guess you're doing power and conflict poetry? Which one's your fave? I quite like war photographer (though we only did half a period on it in class!)
Your mocks are very soon after Christmas, I think mine are in February but tbh I have no clue!
Good luck with this year, I really hope you make it to where you want to be in the future!
Also I'm an August baby:tongue: and feel free to tag me in your posts:redface:

war photographer is the only poem we haven't studied yet, but our teacher says we need to study it ourselves as there's not enough time to do that poem; we've studied all the others thankfully. my favourite poem is probably remains or charge of the light brigade.
good luck with your year too, and thank you! i'll remember to tag you in the future :smile: what are you planning to do after gcses?
Everyone's skint by December anyway so I'm not too fussed about presents, and it's just easier for them, though a few get me both:smile:
Yeah, I celebrate one right after the other. I've never found this too weird though because I've never known it any other way, but it made it so much more exciting when I was younger:biggrin:
December birthdays ftw:tongue:

yass! i do like my birthday being on december, but the weather's so dreary! i've spent about £50 this year on presents, and that was for 4 people i think? so i'm quite happy with my budget this year. i tend to be very stingy with my money but i do know how to get good parents :biggrin:
all my friends are asking me what i want for my birthday, and i honestly have no clue anymore ugh
yass! i do like my birthday being on december, but the weather's so dreary! i've spent about £50 this year on presents, and that was for 4 people i think? so i'm quite happy with my budget this year. i tend to be very stingy with my money but i do know how to get good parents :biggrin:
all my friends are asking me what i want for my birthday, and i honestly have no clue anymore ugh

I always end up spending wayyy too much on joke presents- last year I bought my friend a life size cut out of the queen:tongue: But when it comes to genuine presents, god, I'm hopeless:redface:
Omg yes I relate, I hate being asked what I want for Christmas/birthday and I always go "uhh... I dunno" so I think my friend's getting me a bag of carrots this year in protest:biggrin:
war photographer is the only poem we haven't studied yet, but our teacher says we need to study it ourselves as there's not enough time to do that poem; we've studied all the others thankfully. my favourite poem is probably remains or charge of the light brigade.
good luck with your year too, and thank you! i'll remember to tag you in the future :smile: what are you planning to do after gcses?

We've still got about six poems left to go through in class (my teacher is a huge procrastinator, we've watched documentaries the past week:smile:)
After gcses I'll probably sit in a corner, rocking muttering the quadratic formula to myself :biggrin:
In all seriousness I'm not exactly sure, I might do NCS or stay with my French exchange:s-smilie:
It's going to be so lovely not having to do work. I'm doing a-levels but I'm really undecided on which ones I'll do! What about you?
I always end up spending wayyy too much on joke presents- last year I bought my friend a life size cut out of the queen:tongue: But when it comes to genuine presents, god, I'm hopeless:redface:
Omg yes I relate, I hate being asked what I want for Christmas/birthday and I always go "uhh... I dunno" so I think my friend's getting me a bag of carrots this year in protest:biggrin:

i mean, if you like carrots, that's good, i guess :wink: oo, a life size cut out! i'd buy that stuff but i'd be embarrassed to carry it on the bus to school and whatnot. my parents just give me money every christmas because i never know what i want :biggrin: [along with my birthday money hehe] i never seem to spend much of it! i got given money last year and i don't think i spent even half of it, i just saved it. this year, i think i'm gonna get myself a pair of vans or another pair of shoes as i only have two. or maybe jeans... i don't bloody know.
We've still got about six poems left to go through in class (my teacher is a huge procrastinator, we've watched documentaries the past week:smile:)
After gcses I'll probably sit in a corner, rocking muttering the quadratic formula to myself :biggrin:
In all seriousness I'm not exactly sure, I might do NCS or stay with my French exchange:s-smilie:
It's going to be so lovely not having to do work. I'm doing a-levels but I'm really undecided on which ones I'll do! What about you?

oh god yes i wholeheartedly cannot wait for the break after my gcses. i wanna do ncs too! and i might see if i can get a job or something. i applied to volunteer at oxfam today so i'll probably do some more of that in the summer. i'm planning to watch a lot of tv shows :biggrin:
for a-levels, i would like to study english lit, psychology and sociology right now. i want to work in mental health when i'm older :smile:
oh god yes i wholeheartedly cannot wait for the break after my gcses. i wanna do ncs too! and i might see if i can get a job or something. i applied to volunteer at oxfam today so i'll probably do some more of that in the summer. i'm planning to watch a lot of tv shows :biggrin:
for a-levels, i would like to study english lit, psychology and sociology right now. i want to work in mental health when i'm older :smile:

that's cool :smile: ofc the summer will be a huge Netflix binge, I might also rewatch the high school musical films:biggrin:
Volunteering in Oxfam sounds awesome, I was going to do it as part of my bronze dofe but I was really scared to ask the people there...(I'm quite socially awkward:s-smilie:) so I thought it probably wasn't right for me. I'd like to get a job but it'd be difficult as I'll still be 15 for most of the summer:wink: so I'm not sure...
Just out of curiosity, what sparked your interest in working in mental health?
that's cool :smile: ofc the summer will be a huge Netflix binge, I might also rewatch the high school musical films:biggrin:
Volunteering in Oxfam sounds awesome, I was going to do it as part of my bronze dofe but I was really scared to ask the people there...(I'm quite socially awkward:s-smilie:) so I thought it probably wasn't right for me. I'd like to get a job but it'd be difficult as I'll still be 15 for most of the summer:wink: so I'm not sure...
Just out of curiosity, what sparked your interest in working in mental health?

to be fair, i'm not entirely sure! i've had friends (i still do) who do suffer from issues like this; they have anxiety, depression etc and i've tried my best to help when i can because my mental health was previously really bad at one point; i did a lot of stupid things which didn't help me at all. i'm not too sure if i want to help people regarding mental health, or some sort of researcher; there's probably other options too.

i find mental health just really interesting, and for now, if i enjoy psychology at a-level, i think i'd study a psychology and sociology degree at uni :smile: i did my english gcse speaking and listening on mental health because i believe the stigma around mental health needs to change, especially because mental health issues are on the rise.
(edited 6 years ago)

saturday 16th december
what i'm listening to right now: lorde - writer in the dark

hello! i don't usually do a saturday post but i'm trying to be more regular with my post, so i might occassionally post an update in the weekend,
so far, i've only revised physics ):

today, i have done:
did physics with my tutor
bought two new jumpers from h&m
ate lunch

today, i'm hoping to:
revise maths
go over poem exposure
revise plant growth hormones [biology]

tags: @troubletracking @Toastiekid

qotd: what's your favourite animal? i quite like sloths.
I like tortoises:biggrin:
I went to a tortoise sanctuary last summer where I was like a zookeeper and it was really cool:smile:
I loved the sloths in zootropolis they were so funny but I’ve never seen them irl :frown:
I like tortoises:biggrin:
I went to a tortoise sanctuary last summer where I was like a zookeeper and it was really cool:smile:
I loved the sloths in zootropolis they were so funny but I’ve never seen them irl :frown:

ah, i've seen them irl at the zoo! they're so cute and easy to take pictures of because they don't move :biggrin:

sunday 17th december
currently listening to: macklemore - ain't gonna die tonight [feat. eric nally]

hello! hoping to have a productive day today; i was making bio revision notes till past midnight so yeah. i usually go to church on sundays but we haven't gone recently due to the ice- and i didn't go today either because it was this weird christmas service thing.
i got up much later than usual [whoops] but at least i feel less tired :smile: my family have just went to kfc but i'm getting a little sick of it bc my mom buys the same thing, so i decided not to go. sorry this post is so dry!

what i've done today:
had breakfast [had pasta and piri piri chicken, was so good!]
washed my face

what i'm planning to do today:
make bio revision notes
do some chemistry notes
finish my poetry comparison question
watch a movie [this'll be in the evening]

tags: @troubletracking @Toastiekid

Spoiler

good luck!
will defo follow this thread
Original post by clouddbubbles
good luck!
will defo follow this thread

thank you :smile: i'll try to follow yours if i'm not already (i have the worst memory sorry)

Latest

Trending

Trending