The Student Room Group

EU Tuition Fee Loan

Hello,

I just have one quick question. I am from the Czech Republic and this is my second year in the UK and Wales. I am doing forensic psychology at the open university and I asked for an EU tuition loan.

It has been finally approved but in that latter I got they are saying they will pay to OU something around 7K pounds. I am not sure why that much because when I was asking what should do if my application won't be approved on time, they told me I would have to pay it and they were asking for 2x952 pounds, so it less than 6900(+/-)

Is that a like maximum what they will pay to OU and OU will take just some money from it or what? I am really confused now.

Thank you
Original post by SimpsonHomer
Hello,

I just have one quick question. I am from the Czech Republic and this is my second year in the UK and Wales. I am doing forensic psychology at the open university and I asked for an EU tuition loan.

It has been finally approved but in that latter I got they are saying they will pay to OU something around 7K pounds. I am not sure why that much because when I was asking what should do if my application won't be approved on time, they told me I would have to pay it and they were asking for 2x952 pounds, so it less than 6900(+/-)

Is that a like maximum what they will pay to OU and OU will take just some money from it or what? I am really confused now.

Thank you

There's a maximum the Government will pay for your tuition fees per year. (any numbers quoted are per year)

The OU should then inform student finance how much your fees actually are and then the amount is adjusted and paid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending