The Student Room Group

Are A*AB good A level grades?

Scroll to see replies

They are brilliant results but honestly it depends on what you aiming for.
If you applying most places you will get in however oxbridge maybe not.
Be proud of whatever you get.
Some people on here are so arrogant. To the user aspiring to study medicine, even after being corrected you still use "their" incorrectly. It is slightly amusing to see someone dismiss A*AB as not being good enough in their opinion, yet use grammar incorrectly and spell "personally" as "persenally". Just something to consider.
Original post by Anonymous
I really hate to Be one of those people but my hands just weent crazy and wrote the title for me

A*AB are of course amazing grades and can get you in to some of the best universities in the country.
Original post by a_d2010
Why did you want to study Medicine?
I want to study Medicine, same is applicable if someone wants to study engineering, if people want something they will work hard to get there, and yes I really do want to become a doctor and...

cos it seems fun/altruism and nah I just didn't understand why you had to mention that you're a wannabe medic and had to bold 'medicine' lmao in your post
Original post by Synchronous
Some people on here are so arrogant. To the user aspiring to study medicine, even after being corrected you still use "their" incorrectly. It is slightly amusing to see someone dismiss A*AB as not being good enough in their opinion, yet use grammar incorrectly and spell "personally" as "persenally". Just something to consider.

I'm also a medical student and completely agree with this and what @sortmeoutgeezer said
Original post by sortmeoutgeezer
cos it seems fun/altruism and nah I just didn't understand why you had to mention that you're a wannabe medic and had to bold 'medicine' lmao in your post

Seems fun (smh), I put Medicine in 'bold' because that was the reason I didn't think A*AB weren't good for me personally :smile:
Original post by a_d2010
Seems fun (smh), I put Medicine in 'bold' because that was the reason I didn't think A*AB weren't good for me personally :smile:

Why are you shaking your head? It does seem fun. Please explain what's wrong with that? I obviously do have a solid actual answer to 'Why medicine?' otherwise I wouldn't get 4 offers would I? :smile:
Original post by sortmeoutgeezer
Why are you shaking your head? It does seem fun. Please explain what's wrong with that? I obviously do have a solid actual answer to 'Why medicine?' otherwise I wouldn't get 4 offers would I? :smile:

Do you know what, I'm going to leave it here because you and some other users just can't accept reasoning and opinions, you post on here something that some people don't agree with and there you go, instant backlash lol :biggrin:
Oh and you know why I shaked my head :wink:
Original post by a_d2010
Do you know what, I'm going to leave it here because you and some other users just can't accept reasoning and opinions, you post on here something that some people don't agree with and there you go, instant backlash lol :biggrin:
Oh and you know why I shaked my head :wink:

idk lol tell me
Original post by Anonymous

YEESSA OF COURSE THEY ARE, I domt understand people who say they aren't!!! They are amazing imo., you got that? congrats
Hi there.

An A*, an A and B are fantastic grades. I hope you are proud of them.
Ahahaha how are there people asking questions like this when I have ACD. You don't know what ashamed feels like!
Original post by Arctic Kitten
They are kind of funny grade... Low for the top (A*AA, AAA) but high for the low (AAB). Hardly see courses with A*AB...
But they are good I suppose.

Yeah, it's kind of a weird combination. The only course I can think of with A*AB requirements is Bath for maths if you have a 2 in STEP.
Considering most top unis offer around AAB- A*AA and they're in that region I would say they're excellent. Ignore the haters who haven't even started their A levels yet and are judging by GCSE standards
GCSE don't predict you well for A levels at all
Reply 55
They are definitely great A level grades OP, but for me personally, I wouldn't want those grades as it limits me to AAB (maybe AAA?) universities.
Basically AAA. Pretty good.
It's alright, I got A*AA and I don't think that's particularly great since most people I know got A*A*A or A*A*A* , but it depends on who you compare yourself too
I'd say AAA would probably be better than A*AB since it shows that you're good at three subjects instead of two
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Baaah
They are definitely great A level grades OP, but for me personally, I wouldn't want those grades as it limits me to AAB (maybe AAA?) universities.

Original post by Trapz99
It's alright, I got A*AA and I don't think that's particularly great since most people I know got A*A*A or A*A*A* , but it depends on who you compare yourself too
I'd say AAA would probably be better than A*AB since it shows that you're good at three subjects instead of two

See this was the point I was trying to make :smile:
But A*AB is equivalent in points to AAA so it isn't really low for the top AAA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending